BS v belt

mpeele

michael
User
I use a link belt on my lathe. When I first built it I had a motor mount that could be slipped side to side so I could get 16 speeds instead of 4. Using this "feature" would allow the pulleys to get miss aligned sometimes and result in a wine and vibration from pulley miss alignment. Needless to say that "feature" has been removed.

sandfarm

Joe
User
About 30 years ago I had a fan belt to break on a farm tractor. I was planting tobacco and needed to finish that day. Bought a link belt, my first, worked fine and left the link belt on for many years and it might still be on the tractor. I will have to look and see.
I recently bought a link belt to replace the V belt on my Bridgeport milling machine. I have the time to put a V belt on, but didn't want to take the time.
Maybe, I should measure sound with a Smart phone before and after, so we all will know.

Joe

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I tried one of the HF link belts on my table saw but took it off right away due to increased noise. FWIW, with the standard belt the only sound the saw makes is the air noise from the blade spinning, so pretty much any increase would be very noticeable.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS