BS dust collection video

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
This is a real shot in the dark. I was watching a video by a guy who had made a dust collector for his 14" BS. I really liked it because it was effective and easy to remove for changing blades.
I meant to go to youtube but I think I typed my search question in Google. I have watched so many videos that things tend to run together. I do not think it was the type of video with ads.
I thought I had marked it as a favorite but when I went back to look at it I could not find it.

The thing that makes this video stand out is the way the collector is attached to the BS table. He used the hole were the pin is inserted to keep the table level. You remove the pin and the dust collector comes off.

Help!!

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Yes it is. Yeah! I really hate to confess but when I went looking I rolled right over this one, will not admit how many times, because I did not recognize the guy.

Thanks Bas. I was away from NCWW for most of 20 years, riding horses in the mountains, and it is nice to see familiar faces. You have not aged a day.

Reactions: Bas

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Unfortunately this will not work with a Delta 14" BS.

Quick on and off is important to me. Has anyone made something for a Delta BS.

Will keep looking here and utube.

May just follow Jeff's advice for an earlier problem. He said to remember the KISS principle. I may plug the existing port and pin a 3" flexible hose closer to the cut. Will also use a much bigger vac.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Unfortunately this will not work with a Delta 14" BS.

Quick on and off is important to me. Has anyone made something for a Delta BS.

Will keep looking here and utube.

May just follow Jeff's advice for an earlier problem. He said to remember the KISS principle. I may plug the existing port and pin a 3" flexible hose closer to the cut. Will also use a much bigger vac.
Many, many moons ago, I had a "Top Tip" in Wood Magazine for DC on my Delta 14" band saw. Mine used a 4" sewer pipe TEE. In the not to distant past, they sent it out as a tip of the day / week. Someone posted it here, but in my searching, I can't find it. Maybe some one else can find it.

Reactions: jcz

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Bruce, I remember seeing your setup before I got my bandsaw. Now that I have one I need a reminder of exactly how it went. Hopefully someone can find it and post it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Many, many moons ago, I had a "Top Tip" in Wood Magazine for DC on my Delta 14" band saw. Mine used a 4" sewer pipe TEE. In the not to distant past, they sent it out as a tip of the day / week. Someone posted it here, but in my searching, I can't find it. Maybe some one else can find it.

I remember that Bruce! It was published in the July 2010 issue of Wood magazine. ( I will have to look and see if I still have a copy of that issue.

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Tip can be found here -> The less dusty dust-Tee

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member

BAS went to the WOOD source, but here is the related NCWW thread I started when WOOD used this as the Tip of the Day
Bruce's bandsaw dust collection tip in WOOD mag

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS