Brown recluse spider bite

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
We all pretty much knew you are more ornery than any little ol' spider. Good deal!!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Day before yesterday I bombed the garage at the new house with fogger to rid it of wasps. Yesterday evening my wife and I were cleaning out the garage. In a corner, I found a newer electric breaker box. I opened the breaker box door and guess what was in there? Yep a single brown recluse. I killed that sucker quicker than you can say dead, it was dead. It was inside the closed electric box door and survived the fogging. I'm like on high alert now, after what I went through.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Only fair to circle back around and show you all the scar that nasty brown recluse spider left for me from 7 months ago. Not so bad after all. I think the key is to get medical treatment promptly.
IMG_20210127_210734937~3.jpg

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I had a soldier in my platoon that bit while in the field in Texas. He ignored the symptoms until his squad leader noticed he was not performing as usual. We took him to the hospital and they ended up cauterizing the infected area. He spent 3 days in the hospital and a week on bed rest.

That is one nasty little spider!

I wasn't doing anything patriotic like that. Just weed wacking and enjoying the fresh air of freedom that you secured for me.

Thanks for your service Raymond!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Was just reading up on the little buggers. What was the medical treatment you got? As acording to WIKI, there really isn't much. It claims there have been no formal clinical trials for treatment.

There have been two confirmed bites in N.C. , so one more thing to look for. Usually it is just the baby copperheads we avoid.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Was just reading up on the little buggers. What was the medical treatment you got? As acording to WIKI, there really isn't much. It claims there have been no formal clinical trials for treatment.

There have been two confirmed bites in N.C. , so one more thing to look for. Usually it is just the baby copperheads we avoid.

Hospital gave me 2 shots, took 4 vials of blood and prescription me 2 weeks of sulfamethoxazole to take 1 tablet 2 times a day.

We also have copperheads here baby and large ones, I wear rubber boots and just step on the babies, then cut off their head with my pocket knife. Dig a hole with my pocket knife. Stab the head and put it in the hole, back fill with my boot and go about my business. Birds usually eat the body.

If it's a big copperhead then I'll shoot it in the head with my .357 revolver that a carry about my property at all times. Step on it and do the same as baby copperhead.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS