Brown or Copper Flashing needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Any one know where I get about a 1 sq foot piece of either brown or copper color flashing. Don't need a roll. I am tied of the dang squirrels chewing on my blue bird houses. If someone has a better suggestion I am open to it.

[mad]I know a .22 works best but that is not a option,[/mad]

No_Squirrels.jpg

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Scott,

Lowe's has it in the rack with the sheet metal. It is expensive. If you know someone who installs HVAC you may be able to get scrap piece a lot cheaper. Scrap copper is running about $2.35 a lb. the last time I checked.

Rick Doby

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Scott, the gas to come after a piece will be as much as a roll of the Brn / Wht flashing rolls in Lowes / HD. I have several pieces here. How are you going to make the 1 1/2" hole in the flashing? If you are close to the Cary Family YMCA (not the new Kraft Branch), I could leave you a piece in an envelop[e at the front desk. We will be starting another job over there tonight after 8:30 PM. Bruce

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, the gas to come after a piece will be as much as a roll of the Brn / Wht flashing rolls in Lowes / HD. I have several pieces here. How are you going to make the 1 1/2" hole in the flashing? If you are close to the Cary Family YMCA (not the new Kraft Branch), I could leave you a piece in an envelop[e at the front desk. We will be starting another job over there tonight after 8:30 PM. Bruce

Bruce, do you the Y off of Cary PWKY? If so I drive by it daily. As for the hole, a scroll saw cuts more then wood? :wsmile:

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
i have some out in my shed but i'm about an hour south of you on rt 1, with gass prices the way they are you might be better of checking out buying them, cuting the hole might turn into a problem too, coper is soft and malable, the best way to cut the hole would be with a punch.

check these out (i have never done bussines with these guys they were just hte first ones to pop up in google)

http://www.tmbstudios.com/products.asp?cat=18

M

McRabbet

Scott,

Buy a piece of 24" x 36" galvanized sheet metal that is $6.93 in the HVAC aisle at Lowe's. I'd layout a 24" circle and cut a center hole for the post and a radius cut to it -- drill 1/8" holes for pop riviets to form a "Rice Paddie Worker Hat"-shaped cone and fit it around the pole on your feeder. Secure with a pipe clamp under and pop rivet the seam line (you could use sheet metal screws, but they are sharp and can cut). Leave it loose on top of the clamp and it will foil that pesky thief! If you want if brown, buy some spray paint. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS