Brief Instructional on how to use a Locking Miter Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=764

Just my 2 cents ... if a very brief photographic way .... of how to safely use a Locking Miter Joint Bit in a router table or shaper. The Griz bit I got for Christmas had no instructions whatsoever ... so I searched online for instructions.

I stongly recommend some type of jig to hold the stock. That bit is just too big and the table opening too large to try to do this by hand!

Happy New Year to all you good and kind folks! God bless!

Jim

Monty

New User
Monty
Excellent explanation - I like that sled design! I have not picked up the locking miter bit because I heard it was tricky to use. Now I understand why... but it looks pretty safe with that sled. Thanks for posting the pics.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Jim, that is a nice aid you have posted. I have used the lock mitre bit to make joints and you are correct you need some kind of jig to hold the pieces, especially the vertical cut. I like your jig and I may steal it, as it is an improvement over mine. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jim, thanks for sharing. I like that jig a lot. I have one of those bits and have never used it. No excuses now!

Chuck

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jim, thanks for sharing. I like that jig a lot. I have one of those bits and have never used it. No excuses now!

Chuck
I am like Chuck I have one but never used. I wonder if that will also work with the drawer lock bit I have :eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors