Bridge City Tools UG-1 Universal Gauge $99 ONLY 45 PIECES

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Saw this in an email this morning. Bridge City Tools UG-1 for a super low price of $99 WITH the coupon code 410094
ONLY 45 PIECES AVAILABLE SO GET THEM FAST!!!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions after you've had these for a while. It seems to me to be a bit clunky. Too big to keep handy and I'm sure I'd lose that little removable indicator. Obviously well made as are all the Bridge City tools are. I just wonder how useful it will be long term.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Thanks Michael - I enjoyed looking at it and watching the videos - if not particularly fond of the annoying accompaniment Coltrane it weren't!

Well, six hours later and they haven't sold 45 of them at $125.07 delivered to NC address.

I (too) just wonder how useful it will be long term.

I bought the Kerfmaster (a knock off considering what I paid) and can tell you where it lies - as pristine in condition as the day it arrived!

I did d/l the instruction manual, attached for those interested in such detail.

I think one needs to look at the 'precision' of the tools he (she) has been using 'all these years' to decide if a hundred thirty dollar measuring device added to his (her) estate sale is really worth the price of ten KFC Senior Meals.

My grandfather was well known as the carpenter to wait on if you wanted a job done 'right.' He died before he could tech me a thing wishing, I've long been told, that he'd had time with the "wee fella" I was at his death.

When we visited my grandmother, I would marvel at the puzzle boxes he'd made for her - they were perfection It took me quite some time (and visits) to discover which bit needed to be acted upon first to begin the process of opening the box to discover there was nothing inside after all!

Given he passed on before 1950, I doubt he had anything the like of which Bridge City sells.

I've taken lots of lessons from the folks on that side of my family tree from being told what this one or that "always said."

When it comes to woodworking, one most often called to mind goes something like "tis a poor workman that blames his tools."

Attachments

• BridgeCityTools Universal Gauge UG-1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Reference Handiwork

New User
Ref
I think one needs to look at the 'precision' of the tools he (she) has been using 'all these years' to decide if a hundred thirty dollar measuring device added to his (her) estate sale is really worth the price of ten KFC Senior Meals.

Well, we're not all quite there in terms of experience, nor in qualifying for those senior meals. For those of us who have used lesser squares that have caused us issues in the past, it might be worth $100 for one of these.

I don't own any of the bridge city tools, and I would have loved to have bought one of them made in Portland before they expanded...but I still have my eye on them for future purchases.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS