Re: BowClamp review???

Speaking of reviews...this guy came out of nowhere...like batman or something
batman.gif

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?p=50373#post50373

DaveO

New User
DaveO

He's a regular on WN "Brian in sunny Fla." a very helpful guy over there. I have taken him up on the offer and hopefully will be writing a glowing review of their carbide spiral bits. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Dave(lovin' free stuff):-D

sapwood

New User
Roger

He's a regular on WN "Brian in sunny Fla." a very helpful guy over there. I have taken him up on the offer and hopefully will be writing a glowing review of their carbide spiral bits. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Dave(lovin' free stuff):-D

:eusa_naug Dave
We expect a fair and balanced review :eusa_whis

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO

I will hopefully be writing a glowing review, because hopefully the bit is a good product. You can expect a very fair review of the product from me.
Although, having never had or used a up-spiral bit, I have nothing to compare it with. But I'l bet that I'll get a better cut than with a regular carbide tipped straight bit.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger

Dave, I expect nothing less from you :mrgreen:

I used an 1/8 Whiteside that came with template set. Didn't take me long to break it 8-O I've since bought another and had no problems. Small diameter bits are fragile. Hopefully, I've learned to treat them with more respect. :roll:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO

BTDT :eusa_doh::eusa_doh: I think that those a down-spiral bits.

sapwood

New User
Roger

Yep, right you are :icon_thum
The 1/8th is a down spiral. I have a 1/4 up spiral, but haven't used it much. However, it is surprisingly aggressive for a relatively small bit. Works well with the Jasper circle cutting base.

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Dave are willing to do a "formal" review, pictures, camparision, etc.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Dave are willing to do a "formal" review, pictures, camparision, etc.

As formal as I can. I don't think I can buy other manufactors bit to compare cut quality, but I can compare it to what I have and other methods of mortising and cutting dados.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

As formal as I can. I don't think I can buy other manufactors bit to compare cut quality, but I can compare it to what I have and other methods of mortising and cutting dados.
Let me know the type of bit it is, and I probably have one in Whitesid, CMT or Freud. Or even another brand.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, I believe that he is sending me a 3/8" carbide spiral up-cut bit. That was what I was interested in getting and inquired about. To compare it to other brands would be good, as there does seem to be a difference in carbide make-up. Although I don't know if I would be able to tell that in the limited testing that I would be able to put the bits through. I think that a comparision between the cut quality of the spiral bit and a straight bit and the rate at which those two styles of bits could make deep mortises and dados would be informative also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS