Breast cancer pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Four days after surgery on my thumb, my SIL had a double masectomy. She told the family that I cut my thumb intentionally just to steal her attention (great sense of humor throughout her ordeal). After that, I figured I should do something special for her. Here is my feeble attempt.

Breast_Cancer_pen_1.jpg

Breast_Cancer_pen_2.jpg

BTW, I gave it to her this afternoon. I really didn't mean to make her cry!

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Charles, that's really cool I know she really appreciats it. My wife is going through the battle right now, we are about half way through, so I know it's the little things that really make a difference. Best of luck to your SIL and tell her as the shirt says "fight like a girl!:thumbs_up"

Jim Roche

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Charles,

That is stunning and one of the best gestures I've ever heard of. Excellent work and I'm sure she'll cherish it. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

striker

New User
Stephen
Thats a beautiful job you did on the pen. Thank you for sharing. I have to second Jim R. comments as we have the same fight going on in my household.

Stephen

skeeter

New User
Charles
Thanks guys! I know what your families are going through. I am an only child so SIL and I have always have been very close, like a little sister. Cancer really affects the entire family. Third kemo treatment gave her some type of poisioning and a rash, which is driving her crazy right now. It really breaks my heart to see what she is going through. Good news is that she seems to be cancer FREE.

skeeter

New User
Charles
BTW, thanks to everyone for not saying the ribbon was not straight. I just noticed it! It's hard to straighten something that small with a thumb with no feelings. Jim and Stephen, your families are in my prayers, I known what you are going through.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
A nice gesture and great looking pen. Did you make the ribbon medallion, or is it an available kit item?

skeeter

New User
Charles
Dennis, they are available at:
http://hutproducts.com/products.asp?dept+142
Matching clips to pen kit is a little tricky. I'll post what I've found to match tomorrow, too cold to go out tonight. Really a good selection of logos. I have one of the sheriffs logos which I bought for my son, who is a sheriffs deputy. I blew out the blank today and had to order a new one. #&@* acrylic blanks!! Quite a logo selection.

Rob

New User
Rob
That is awesome. I'm a big supporter of breast cancer awareness since losing someone close to it.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That is awesome Charles, I will pray for your family!

What is the blank? Wood or Acrylic?

And thanks for the link~!!

cskipper

Cathy
That's so thoughtful! Being a breast cancer survivor I can say that it is these kinds of things that make a lot of difference.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Looks good. I want to turn some pens myself. I just bought a Delta Iron Bed Lathe and looking for a project. I have not turned anything in almost 34 years when I was in Jr. High School. A friend of mine gave me a bag full of wood that was already cut ready to turn for pens. I don't know where to buy the rest of the items for making pens or how I would get the center hole. I have a limited shop that I am trying to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS