Brax Corner Clamps

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

What is the collective wisdom on these?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Not tried those in particular, but any molded piece will have the release angle if not machines, so the never seem to clamp right. I have a box of corner clamps I don't use.
They do look handy maybe for holding things together while drilling or nailing. Maybe need just a slight bit of file work. Cheap enough to get a bunch of them. About a dozen or more maybe?

It looks like they only work on 5/8 to maybe 2 inch. Not thinner. They don't say.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Looks like the same thing on Amazon for a lot less. So cheap, I may try. Yea, bought 2 of the $16 set. Seems like at least two clones. The $16 set looks better than the $11 set. Thinking of them as a third hand, not really a clamp.

Last edited:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Looks like the same thing on Amazon for a lot less. So cheap, I may try. Yea, bought 2 of the $16 set. Seems like at least two clones. The $16 set looks better than the $11 set. Thinking of them as a third hand, not really a clamp.
That was what I was thinking.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
You can do the same with a ratchet strap and blocks 1/2 way between the corners to stand off the strap and focus the energy @ the corners. If you have "touchy" or soft corners then use a piece a bent cardboard to protect @ the corners. It will work as well.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You can do the same with a ratchet strap and blocks 1/2 way between the corners to stand off the strap and focus the energy @ the corners. If you have "touchy" or soft corners then use a piece a bent cardboard to protect @ the corners. It will work as well.
I imagine some issues with access if I am nailing or screwing (other than pocket hole).

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
You can do it with a length of rope and a pencil, but these look nifty in being spring loaded to just hold things in position. They are not high force and not a substitute for rope, web, band, X, and a dozen other clamps that apply pressure. They should come by tomorrow night so sometime next week I make another little shelf in my shop and I can give them a try.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I have a set of these and tbh I only use them when doing a pix frame because the strap is narrow and they are a bit of a hassle. Here is what I do more often on bigger stuff. Also here is a Colin Knect video showing him doing something similar.

Strap vise

20210130_104441.jpg

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Got my sets today. Look handy. Won't know until I try them. The center arrow slides so they can be used on boards of unequal thickness, rabbets, dados etc.

mpeele

michael
User
I have all ways been disappointed with miter clamps, or maybe I'm just a klutz. I always need 3 hands to use one. These might make my others easier to use.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I want to try the bangood "woodpecker-like" versions that use clamps, but thinking that will not work for small boxes???

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS