Branding a cutting/charcuterie board... top or bottom?

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I'm looking to see how people who brand their cutting or charcuterie boards, do you brand it on the top (face) or on the bottom (back) side? I've been branding the back side but I like the look and started thinking it should go on the top. What do you do? Thanks.

Red

JohnW

New User
John
Brand my initials on bottom. Mine are gifts, not for sale, so my brand is nothing fancy, just 3 letters.

Reactions: red

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I brand everything I make, but in an indiscreet, usually hidden location. My goal is for someone in the future to identify the maker if they are interested, not to promote myself.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Depending on the thickness of the board and the size of your brand, the side may be a neat place.

George

This is what I do. I have a Rockler branding iron that I use on the front edge. Most of the boards I make have a walnut or cherry border, so the brand doesn't stand out too much.

Reactions: red

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
As a buyer, I would not (and have not) bought when branded on the top. I don't want to see the name of the person who made it when using it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If it is a gift for family put it on the front to remind them that you are always thinking of them.

If it is for sale put it on the back.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS