Bought my first Tractor

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
LOL, this thread just jumped up again.

Where I live, a man needs a wood shop, a wood fireplace to get rid of all the offcuts, a pickup truck to haul lumber, a gas powered chain saw to cut lumber, a tractor, a power washer, a motorcycle to take a break, a few long rifles, a shotgun, a few pistols, and a few revolvers.

Did I miss anything?
You forgot the dog.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Ha, I just saw this old thread pop back up as well! Re: a tractor consideration - I went the other way and bought new ~6 yrs ago, a Deere 3025e, and would still recommend that to others. The most useful functions of a tractor for my use is a front loader, and 4wd. When looking at used tractors w/ both of those features, they seem to hold their value VERY well. To the point that buying new made more sense. Re: the JD 3025, I picked that model specifically, as it is a reasonably powerful/ but still simple machine, (I didn’t want to get into dealing with or maintaining a DEF, or other emission system, or turbos, etc, like a lot of modern tractors have). 25HP is, or at least was, the limit for diesel engines to avoid running an emission system. Also interesting for the model year I purchased anyway, the JD 3025 (25HP) has the same engine block, displacement, trans, etc as the JD 3032 (32 HP), but is rated for its 25HP at ~800RPM less that the 3032 is rated for its 32HP…..the 3032 has an emission system, etc because of its greater than 25HP rating…..

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
You forgot the dog.
Yep, I did.

IMG_2780.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS