Bought a New Leaf Rake Last Night

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Last night in Lowes, bought a new leaf rake. It's a 30" wide Craftsman (made by Ames) clog free design, plastic rake with wooden handle. We have a mixture of fescue grass and moss in out front yard, which is surrounded by 100+ feet tall pine trees, which means plenty of pine straw to be raked up several times. Using metal rake, usually takes the better part of a day. Using new rake, less than an hour to do same job. Rake carries a 15 year warranty. Cost less than $20 out the door.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
No pine straw or leaves here really. In Hawaii mostly dropping palm fronds and stupid wild chickens

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Sounds like the one I use to rake up sweet gum balls. They are nice and cover a LARGE swath with each pull.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
When I lived in Cary, we had a lot of pine trees in the front yard. I would get my daughter to rake the needles up and put them in grocery bags. Put them out by the curb and invariably they would be gone in the morning. Apparently somebody wanted them.

Roy G

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
True enough got way too ,any avocados here, oranges, papayas and passion fruit.

Funny thing, there 50+ varieties grown here.

Also, we can get all the mangos we want.

Yeah, but you can pick up avocados off the side of the road...

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Bruce, you need to post a video demonstrating how to successfully use the new technology!

Rkadish

New User
Rkadish
watch for the guys that harvest the pine straw, offer them yours for free and you will not have to rake anymore.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I was wondering how rakes work on those chickens. Where I was in Maryland, we had issues with geese.
If you don't know what kind of mess geese make, let me tell you it is not pretty. Or pretty slippery

sapwood

New User
Roger
I love pine straw and understand why folks might grab the bags by the street. I have mountains of hardwood leaves in the fall and spend a lot of time mulching, blowing and raking. Often I pile them in "natural areas" but they won't stay there when the wind blows. Spreading pine needles on top is like casting a net on top. The leaves stay in place!

Rkadish

New User
Rkadish
All the leaves I rake I put in the garden and burn them, adds potash to the soil. It does raise the PH though so don't burn too many.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS