Bought a new CNC router.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Had a carvewright it was nice but it was limited to me on what i wanted to do. So about 6 months ago came across a new setup called the Onefinity. Order it and it finally arrived last week.
It has a 32 x 32 work area uses a Makita router. The table is 2 harbor freight metal work bench that is bolted together. have a solid table with built in overhead lights.
Working on a waste board for it that has 200+ tnuts in it to use as work hold down mounting points.

Attachments

• 20201019_192033.jpg
    20201019_192033.jpg
    898.2 KB · Views: 1,653

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Nice, I haven't seen that one yet. I've been thinking about building one myself I really only need a 24"x48" work area so that I can rough cut guitar bodies. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after having it for a bit.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
they have only been shipping for about a month and half now.
It does not have any limit switch it bumps the end of the rails and sets zero off them. It has 6 wire connections screws that connect everything together, it takes maybe 15 minutes to put it all together and ready to start.

Comes in 3 section the 2 side rails and the cross rail . they are assembled at the factory and the makers do a test cut with it before it ships to verify it is working correct. The sample is included in the package.

Hopefully I can run it this weekend.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I know you can use carbide create,easel, carveco, Vcarve. pretty much anything from my understanding.
Uses a buildbotics controller

with the carvewright you only could use their software and had to purchase everything from them. One of the things I didn't like.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
If you don't mind me asking, what does this total set-up cost (ballpark) with the tables, router, software, etc?

Had a carvewright it was nice but it was limited to me on what i wanted to do. So about 6 months ago came across a new setup called the Onefinity. Order it and it finally arrived last week.
It has a 32 x 32 work area uses a Makita router. The table is 2 harbor freight metal work bench that is bolted together. have a solid table with built in overhead lights.
Working on a waste board for it that has 200+ tnuts in it to use as work hold down mounting points.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I got the machine on presale think $2200 for the machine prices are listed at Onefinity one i have is the woodworker with the stiffy rail (extra rail that goes over the x axis bar to give it more rigidity)

$100 for a makita router from amazon

About $170 for the 2 work bench from HF on sale or with 20% coupon
Software from free to a lot depending on what you want to use. (I just stared using the Carbide Create free from shapeoko( i have a paid version of carveco and aspire to use also) using CC since some of the files i got where created with that and didn't want to change them to another software.

Then probably $50 in the wasteboard (sheet of mdf and tnuts)
Then bits add up depending on what your doing, I had to buy v bits and a surfacing bit since I didn't have any of those another $90

So roughly $2600-2700

Didn't includ dusty collection since i already had that.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Hey John - keep the reports coming. I'm staring at that machine now too.

-Mark
Sure will,
I played with it a little today.
One thing i don't like, but it is fixable is the 7" touch screen that comes with it. You can use a computer to control it from a internet browser or you can can connect it to a external monitor and a mouse. which I ma planning on doing after Christmas, up grading the living room TV and shuffling the tvs in the house and should end up with a 40" monitor in the shop.

Attachments

• 20201022_180337.jpg
    20201022_180337.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 635

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
John, what's going on? You don't call, you don't write (any posts explaining how things are going with your CNC)...

It's been over 2 months

:)

-Mark

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Sorry been busy last few months,

Company i was working for decided to announce layoffs and So i ended up quitting and going back to the original company that sold us 5 years ago.(so did almost 90 % of the department and left them in a bad spot, HA HA)

I have been playing with the The machine some, I haven't done a whole lot yet. been making catch trays and name puzzles for the little kids in the family.

I been running it mainly running it about 100 IP .100 deep with a 1/4" 3 flute end mill and seems to take it pretty well. and the same with a 1/4" 90 degree v bit but a little shallower on the depth. Going to try a bowl bit this weekend and see how it does.

The routers are ok but will eventually upgrade it to a spindle. I burnt a Makita up in less the 10 hours and had to send it in for repair. Ran a Harbor freight router for a while it done better than the Makita, probably 20 hrs on it now. I just switched back to the makitia rather mess it up while its under warranty, The HF i bought a extended warranty.
If you have any questions let me know or join us on Facebook Facebook Groups
or the forum Onefinity Forum

I did add a mini split ductless system in the shop, to keep it nice and cozy at night.

Attachments

• 20210112_015316.jpg
    20210112_015316.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 20210112_015320.jpg
    20210112_015320.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 20210112_015322.jpg
    20210112_015322.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 426
  • FB_IMG_1608250651335 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1608250651335 (1).jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 398
  • FB_IMG_1610434525695.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610434525695.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 392

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I've been keeping an eye on Onefinity also. They look to be a good introductory option with larger options available. I liked the "D" series of CNCs. They have the ability to be placed on top of the piece of work also so that you could work on surfaces that are larger than your standard systems or pieces that can't "fit" in the machine.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I've been keeping an eye on Onefinity also. They look to be a good introductory option with larger options available. I liked the "D" series of CNCs. They have the ability to be placed on top of the piece of work also so that you could work on surfaces that are larger than your standard systems or pieces that can't "fit" in the machine.
I think the Onefinity only comes in two sizes with the "Woodworker" model being the larger at ~33" x 33". The Onfinity machines could be placed on top of a workpiece, but I have not heard of anyone doing such a thing - yet anyways.

John - thanks for the update. A bit concerned you burned up a Makita after 10 hours tho. I've been hoping 1F will release a 80mm mount before my machine ships in Feb.

-Mark

jamie

jamie
Senior User
A bit concerned you burned up a Makita after 10 hours tho. I've been hoping 1F will release a 80mm mount before my machine ships in Feb.

An 80mm spindle would be nice - maybe it's worth spending the extra $10 for the three-year protection plan on the Makita...

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
An 80mm spindle would be nice - maybe it's worth spending the extra $10 for the three-year protection plan on the Makita...
Yeah, I can see putting a lot of hours on in a short period of time, even for a hobbyist.

-Mark

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I was surprise the brushes went as fast as they did, tried replacing them and they didn't last that long either. But took it to a service center and they sent it in for repair and Makita sent it directly to the house when they where done. Picked up the HF for $55 for a back up so that wasn't to bad.

I order the 1.5KW from Aliexpress got the drive and the spindle was cancel;ed. So I will be waiting for the 80mm holder to come out.

I am currently using carbide Create for what i am making I have Aspire and carveco but have not really used them yet.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Only problem I would see would be able to keep the machine square since the front and back are open.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS