Bottle Stopper makers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I turned a bottle stopper tonight out of Macadameon Nut (I don't think that is spelled right) any way after I got through with it I tried to take it off and it was so tight it would not move AT ALL:no: Anyone ever had that problem

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Are you talking about Tagua nuts, maybe? Macadamia's are a bit small for turning.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a stopper I had problems getting off the stopper chuck. In the end I used one of those rubber jar opening pads and a leather work glove.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I had a stopper I had problems getting off the stopper chuck. In the end I used one of those rubber jar opening pads and a leather work glove.

Yea I thought about the jar opening pad - I will stop today and get one - I hope I can get it off

flyrod444

New User
Jack
You can peel the cloth of the top side of some mouse pads and it leaves you with a great piece of padding. I use this foam from Mouse pads to pad my bowls when I reverse chuck. It should work on helping you get a grip on the stopper as well.
Good Luck,
Jack

jimwill48

James
This won't help now but next time. Always use a little wax or paraffin on the stopper chuck threads.....james

PChristy

New User
Phillip
This won't help now but next time. Always use a little wax or paraffin on the stopper chuck threads.....james

You can peel the cloth of the top side of some mouse pads and it leaves you with a great piece of padding. I use this foam from Mouse pads to pad my bowls when I reverse chuck. It should work on helping you get a grip on the stopper as well.
Good Luck,
Jack

Thanks guys I will try these also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS