Bottle Stopper bulk purchase?(update x2)

How Many Kits and mandrels

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 30+

• mandrel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Not to take away anything from Jack(flyrod444) But I really REALLY like his stoppers
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f32/few-stoppers-25034/
and the kits that he ordered from http://www.torne-lignum.com/stoppers.html which are made in the USA:eusa_danc
I went to the kit site and I noticed that she gives a discount for bulk orders and that got me to thinking - would there be enough interest here to get a bulk order for some of her kits - I am including a poll - If you would like to order some I will see about getting the order up and sending it to her - I have sent her an e-mail to see what the best way is to do this

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: Bottle Stopper bulk purchase?

Got the e-mail back from Ruth

Hi Phillip,

I'm very happy you like my bottle stoppers and I would not have them made anywhere else but in the USA. : )

I've been to the NC Woodworkers site, I've had other customers mention it to me and there is a lot of really nice work on that site. I get group orders from other sites like yours that are more a "family" than club. If you could get an order for 200 pcs., they can be a mix of styles, #301 and #302 or #304 B or C, everyone doesn't have to order the same one. The price would be $4.55 ea. and 300 pcs. would be $4.45 ea. You just might want to tell the group that if it goes to 500 pcs., it's only $4.35 ea. I can't give a big discount on the mandrels since I am working quite close to production cost (also made in the US), but with a group order, they are $21 ea.

You might also get some flat workers and carvers interested in going in on the group buy, also. Bottle stoppers don't have to be round. : )

Good luck,

Ruth

Rob

New User
Rob

I'm in for 25, let me know, I can paypal you the money.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I will let this run for four-five days then add up the amount of kits and get back with Ruth and see what the cost will be

Rob

New User
Rob

I've used these before, they are much better then the regular chromed kits.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I wish that she had the ones with the cork screw - I seem to sale them better

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Phillip, put me down for twenty-five and a mandrel.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Hey where is that newest slippery slope rider that has planted bird seeds - I think he needs a few of these also -- Hey Robert :gar-Bi

PChristy

New User
Phillip

This is what I have so far:
Jack(flyrod444) = 30
Scott = 25 + Mandrel
Rob = 25
Tracy = 25 + Mandrel
Bob(woodartz) = 25 + Mandrel
Robert (sawduster) = 25 + Mandrel
Myself = 20 + Mandrel
Gary(NCTurner) = 10
Tim = 10
Total so far + 195 kits and 5 Mandrels
Is this correct?

I am sending Ruth an e-mail to ask her if we need this to go to one address (I am sure if we do that it will cut the shipping cost down) and if we need to pay for them from one source to get the discount
I will let you know what I get back from her ASAP
Thanks again guys

Last edited:

sawduster

New User
Robert

I'll get on this train too :eusa_danc

25 and a mandrel

Thanx for taking this on bro :icon_thum

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark

I would like to have some of these but seems a bit pricey to me. Yes I understand that they are americian made but still. It is hard to justify 1.00 per stopper cost. but well see what the final total ordre qty is.

thanks mark

PChristy

New User
Phillip

That is ok Mark:icon_thum I am going to let this run for a few more days to see if we can get a higher amount to get the cost down - I have seen on other sites that the ones simpler to these (the short ones) cost more

Rob

New User
Rob

Mark, they are more pricey then the chromed ones, they also seal a wine bottle much better. Easier to clean, no plating to come off.

timf67

New User
Tim

I am interested in getting in on the deal, but being in Charlotte may be limiting. I assume we will have them all shipped to Phillip? anyway, if you don't mind re-packing and shipping my order to me, I will get in on it. I am thinking 10 right now, but if we are close to a price break I can get a few more to put us over.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I am interested in getting in on the deal, but being in Charlotte may be limiting. I assume we will have them all shipped to Phillip? anyway, if you don't mind re-packing and shipping my order to me, I will get in on it. I am thinking 10 right now, but if we are close to a price break I can get a few more to put us over.

Tim If you want these go ahead and sign up for the ten - I will get them to you - I go down to Mooresville every now and them to see my family - I will deliver them to you if need be -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors