Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
In my on-going saga of issues with the Bosch Colt I have received nothing but excellent customer service from them.
Originally I had the spindle lock button strip out and with some sage advice found here I contacted Bosch and a spindle wrench showed up at my door Thread.

Well then the spindle wrench started to round out the flats on the spindle to the point I couldn't change out a bit Thread Again armed with the sage advice I received here I sent the Colt back to it's maker. It was shipped off 4/29 and today waiting at my door was a package from Bosch.
8 days later :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Bosch didn't replace the Colt but they did replace the spindle and the spindle lock button. She's like new again. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc This is 2+ years after I bought it and they covered it under warranty.
So the moral of this story is Bosch will stand behind the products they manufacture. If I could kill my Bosch jig saw, I feel very comfortable in knowing that it can be fixed and I will be taken care of like a valued customer.
Bosch rocks in my book :icon_thum:eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
It is always refreshing to hear this kind of news. I am glad it worked out for you Dave. I just wonder if they are going to rethink the engineering of the spindle detents since as Alan S. had pointed out in the other thread that is where the problem lies. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:eusa_dancGood news, Dave!!!!:eusa_danc

Wonder too if they returned your bit?

It is comforting to know that there are in fact companies like Bosch who stand behind their products!:wsmile:

Wayne

RandyJ

New User
Randy
That's great news, Dave!:icon_thum

I'm glad they took care of your "lame" Colt. It's good you didn't have to shoot it to put it out of it's misery. I wish you many [strike]round-ups[/strike]... round-overs together!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Did they send back your bit? :rotflm:
Lee

:eusa_dancGood news, Dave!!!!:eusa_danc

Wonder too if they returned your bit?

It is comforting to know that there are in fact companies like Bosch who stand behind their products!:wsmile:

Wayne

Yes they did return my bit, and went a little overboard in the packing. Even UPS/USPS couldn't damage it. I was impressed.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Bosch has always been a good company in the automotive equipment arena, Can't imagine them being any different in woodworking equipment.

M

McRabbet

I have one of their VS jig saws and it is an excellent tool. And I have a 14.4 cordless drill that has been running and running on the same set of batteries since I bought it at Klingspor's in Raleigh in 2003. Very well made and reliable. Good to hear that their CS is every "bit" as good!! Glad to hear that they did it right.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Great news.I used many of their jigsaws at work an they cut like a circulursaw and cut & cut.I bought a 14v drill from them in 94 and it would get so hot I couldn't hold it.They refunded my money and said they put 14 volt battery to a 9 volt drill.Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS