Bosch Colt router - $79 at Lowes in Chapel Hill

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I was at Lowes today in Chapel Hill and they had the Bosch Colt palm router for $79, regularly $119. Not sure if other Lowes have them.

1659468314018.png

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Nifty router. I grabbed the Makita 18V as I find the reason for a small router is to be nimble, and no cord makes it so. Just got the plunge base for it. really handy now.

Too busy at Lowe's in CH trying to get someone to help load 18 sheets of cement board. A very nice customer helped as no Lowe's employee would bother. No fun loading them single handed into my truck either. :( So I never got to do a tool isle walk through. Maybe good, as they often "get" me with something that is too nifty to pass up. I want the Cobalt short handle 40V hedge trimmer but it looks like I have to order it.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Nifty router. I grabbed the Makita 18V as I find the reason for a small router is to be nimble, and no cord makes it so. Just got the plunge base for it. really handy now.

Too busy at Lowe's in CH trying to get someone to help load 18 sheets of cement board. A very nice customer helped as no Lowe's employee would bother. No fun loading them single handed into my truck either. :( So I never got to do a tool isle walk through. Maybe good, as they often "get" me with something that is too nifty to pass up. I want the Cobalt short handle 40V hedge trimmer but it looks like I have to order it.
When needing materials and help loading, I find the employee first and, reading his name tag, ask "John, will you please help me load twelve sheets of OSB onto a cart and then into my truck?" When I send my wife to get something, I always tell her to simply find a warm body, smile and ask "John, my husband sent me for an 1/8 inch aluminum fairmistan, would you show me where it is shelved please?"

Lowes pays their employees by the hour regardless of what they find to do or avoid during a shift. Lowes 'marks up' every product you see, in no small part to pay that employee who seems to be ignoring you - the reason he has the job!

You can also go straight to the Service Desk and (read those name tags) ask "Mary, can you get me someone to help load my sheets please?

Calling an employee by name can work wonders - 'please' doesn't hurt either nor does a smile and a "Thank you" cost you dime one.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Right, that attitude'l get you excellent treatment.

There are folks who put in a lifetime only to 'discover' that the 'economics' of their youth wasn't what they'd counted upon and the Difference as between 'defined benefit' and the 'defined contribution/401(k)' plans was way more significant than they'd thought. Some of the older guys at LOWES (that they haven't replaced with kids at less $$/HR) may well know a hell of a lot more than most folks because of their prior employment. And they have to put up with some arrogant anal orifice simply because they need the hours to cover the inflation that's making a joke of their retirement years.

Last edited:

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let's get back to whether or not your local Lowe's has discounted Bosch trim routers

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS