Bosch 4000 table saw

Jeff

New User
Jeff
My Bosch 4000 died today, the motor locked up awhile after a some screeching noises and humming sounds. The motor repair would be about $380 with parts and labor (armatures and seals) IF the parts are available.

A refurbished model 4100 is about $380 and a brand new 4100 is about $500 so that's where I'm headed. The smallest Powematic is about $1700, not portable, and weighs almost 300 lbs.

tijmt

Jared
User
Any reason you are sticking with the Bosh? I had a 4100 about 5 years back and loved it. However, when I restored a Delta contractor saw and added extra cast-iron wings, I sold it and never looked back!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
My woodworking shares a 2 car garage that's not used for parking, but there's a lot of other "stuff" in there. Portability is a big plus for me and the Bosch 4100 with the gravity rise stand is about 100 lbs total. The Bosch 4000 was my first table saw for woodworking and it did a pretty good job for my needs. I'd like a Powermatic but the smallest one is not portable, weighs 300 lbs (cast iron) and is $1700. Both saws have about the same dimensions for the working table top.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS