Bookshelf/library ladder - Recommendations?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I am looking for a bookshelf (library) ladder. Anyone ever used or installed these? Advice? Recommendations?
What should I be looking for in terms of features?
Sources?
I don't want cheap hardware - many of us have learned that lesson, but cost is of course a consideration.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It would be helpful if you had some idea of the height of the ladder (6', 8', etc). Do you want it to roll left or right along the length of the bookcase? You'll need some hardware like this.......

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Yes thanks eff.
I was hoping there was some 'user experience' out there in NCWW-land... where someone could recommend a great product or alternately state their disappointment or frustration with another one.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Custom Service Hardware (www.cshardware.com) has a good selection of this type of hardware. While I do not have direct experience with one of their system, I have used many hardware supplies from them and can vouch for the quality of their products.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't go cheap. it is a bit like cheap pocket door hardware - a royal pain when you have to change it out

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Don't go cheap. it is a bit like cheap pocket door hardware - a royal pain when you have to change it out
Interesting analogy Phil, as I am also interested in pocket door hardware as well, Considering those for use in our upcoming bathroom remodels (see other recent thread).
Got a brand/source you like in pocket doors?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Custom Service Hardware (www.cshardware.com) has a good selection of this type of hardware. While I do not have direct experience with one of their system, I have used many hardware supplies from them and can vouch for the quality of their products.
CSH was in fact one of the sources I was considering. Thanks Rob.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Just a little different idea.

My short list of things to build includes the Wharton Esherick spiral stair. I have absolutely no need for it but the build looks challenging. This is a little different than the conventional ladder style and requires no hardware.

1602027877248.png

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Indeed a interesting project, but a rolling ladder is in fact what is being asked for here.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Interesting analogy Phil, as I am also interested in pocket door hardware as well, Considering those for use in our upcoming bathroom remodels (see other recent thread).
Got a brand/source you like in pocket doors?
The pocket doors in our house (40 years) are Johnson brand. Super simple install, as long as you don't use too long of drywall screws to attach dry wall to frame kit. DAMHIK!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS