Book Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobN

New User
Bob
Here's a couple pictures of some book ends I made for the wife. Actually I made 8 sets of them for her to give to her freinds for Christmas presents. They are Walnut with a brass plate on the bottom so that the weight of the books won't push them over. This is the brass I was asking about about a month ago.

Bob

Attachments

• P1010031 (755 x 565).jpg
    P1010031 (755 x 565).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010033 (755 x 565).jpg
    P1010033 (755 x 565).jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 156

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those look really nice, classy design and beautiful wood. Great gifts :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The brass is a really cool idea, Bob!!!:eusa_danc

That walnut really looks good with the brass too. I am sure that everyone receiving them will really appreciate the workmanship.

Wayne

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Bob, that's a very cool idea for gifts for family/friends.

Are the brass plates mortised, screwed into the walnut bottoms? Did you M&T the wood joint or use dowels or biscuits?

Chuck

J

jeff...

Nice - great gift idea, never seen any book ends that classy before :icon_thum

BobN

New User
Bob
Bob, that's a very cool idea for gifts for family/friends.

Are the brass plates mortised, screwed into the walnut bottoms? Did you M&T the wood joint or use dowels or biscuits?

Chuck

I used the router to rout a recess in the bottom for the brass plates, so that they would be flush with the bottom. There are 4 brass screws holding which plate in place. The head of the screws were filed flush with the plate. A #20 biscuit handles the wood joint.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS