Blade sharpening

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am looking for a recommendation or recommendations on a good place to get table saw blades sharpened. I would prefer a place in Cary / Apex but it could anywhere in this area.

benzor

New User
becky
I've used Raleigh Saw for years, it will be a trip for you, but you will not be dissapointed: Raleigh Saw Co. 5805 Departure Dr 919-832-2248

Gresham Lake area north on Capital Blvd just beyond I 540. Call and they will give you good directions. They will even test your blades prior to sharpening, and if damaged or warped will not sharpen, just return them to you. It's not often that you find that kind of honesty and they ingrave each blade with a number so they can follow each blade in your account every time you take it in. Make a blade "board" with a handle and bolt to hold your blades put your name on in permanet pen and you have the best way to transport blades to and from. It usually takes about a week to get them back.:lol:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Raleigh saw and Ashcrofts (876-3223) are located near each other. I find it just as easy to go by post offfice and use $8.95 priority mail box and send to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY. Back in about a week. There is also a place in FLA that advertises over on Woodnet.net. Haven't used them, so can't say anything good or bad about them. Several here have used Dynamic and been very happy.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Majority rules so Raleigh Saw it is. Thank You all for the advise. I have a good friend in Wake Forest so I do get up that way from time to time.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
How much does it cost, to have a 10" blade sharpened?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Preshers in Fla and Dynamic saw in Buffalo are about $13 for ten inch blades. Preshers offers free return on ten of more blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors