Blade Sharpening in Charlotte

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Union Grove (sponsor) has fantastic customer service. They actually picked the blades up from my garage and brought them back (on the Friday before Labor day weekend).

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Union Grove is amazing. I ordered a bandsaw blade. They built it, shipped it in only a couple days. They are absolutely the best company in customer service, easy to work with. I worked with Dianne over there.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Union Grove Saw & Knife for us (somewhat) luddites, can I order various widths (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 inch and or TPI blades of various lengths (10, 15, 20 inches) for bowsaws or frame saws?

for us (somewhat) luddites, can I order various widths (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 inch and or TPI blades of various lengths (10, 15, 20 inches) for bowsaws or frame saws?
Shameless admission, I did not know what a "luddite" was so I had to look that up. Either you destroyed machinery in cotton meals in the 1800's because you were afraid they would take your job, or you are a person opposed to new technology or ways of working. We'll go with the latter. :)

We could provide bandsaw material in those lengths and various configurations, unfortunately, they would not be suited for bowsaws or frame saws since they would not have the appropriate attachments on the end.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Shameless admission, I did not know what a "luddite" was so I had to look that up. Either you destroyed machinery in cotton meals in the 1800's because you were afraid they would take your job, or you are a person opposed to new technology or ways of working. We'll go with the latter. :)

We could provide bandsaw material in those lengths and various configurations, unfortunately, they would not be suited for bowsaws or frame saws since they would not have the appropriate attachments on the end.
LOL the latter is correct.
No attachment is necessary, simply a length of blade that a hole can be drilled through for a pin to hold it in place in a bow saw or frame saw.

A picture from the Grammercy website:
1666624508657.png

No attachment is necessary, simply a length of blade that a hole can be drilled through for a pin to hold it in place in a bow saw or frame saw.
In that case, we can definitely provide the material if you are able to drill the pin hole. Please give us a call at 704-539-4442 and ask for Diane or email us at woodworking @ sawandknife . com and we will be glad to provide you with a quote of what you need.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
In that case, we can definitely provide the material if you are able to drill the pin hole. Please give us a call at 704-539-4442 and ask for Diane or email us at woodworking @ sawandknife . com and we will be glad to provide you with a quote of what you need.
Thank you, will do!
I need to take some measurements this weekend and will give a call next week.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS