Blade guard needed for Uni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
After suffering the recent TS accident, I want to start using a blade guard. I have a Uni made in 1989 (34-802) that I bought used which didn't have the blade guard. I looked at the Saw Center website and they have a guard for $74.95 that doesn't include the mounting hardware. The guard with the hardware is about $235. My question is how do I determine if the Uni has the hardware installed. I assume it probably had one when new. What should I look for.

Secondly, does anyone have a blade guard with/without the hardware they would be willing to sell me at a reasonable price. I know some of the Uni restorers here sometimes have an inventory of used parts. I desperately want a guard because I am somewhat gun shy about using the saw without a guard.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Stuart
I have a extra guard with the anti kick back prongs and it is mounted to a bracket.
I came off a older contractor saw(Delta) and should fit with no problem. When my camera come back I will take a picture of the mounting. It is yours if you would like it we will need to start a NCWW pony express as I am west of Winston

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
After suffering the recent TS accident, I want to start using a blade guard. I have a Uni made in 1989 (34-802) that I bought used which didn't have the blade guard. I looked at the Saw Center website and they have a guard for $74.95 that doesn't include the mounting hardware. The guard with the hardware is about $235. My question is how do I determine if the Uni has the hardware installed. I assume it probably had one when new. What should I look for.

Secondly, does anyone have a blade guard with/without the hardware they would be willing to sell me at a reasonable price. I know some of the Uni restorers here sometimes have an inventory of used parts. I desperately want a guard because I am somewhat gun shy about using the saw without a guard.

sorry bout the thumb man! hope it heals well and fast. I have read that the overarm guards are far superior to the original equipment ones. you may want to look into these. After my misshap a few months back I concidered a guard but havent done it yet. Guess I'm just going to be more carefull till I can afford a good one.:cool: When I do it will be the best I can get for sure!:icon_thum

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I have a brand new one for a Delta Cabinet saw that is yours if you would like.
It has the anti kick back prongs on it.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
What a great site this is. I make a post and have two offers in less than two hours. Nick and John, I'll be in touch to try to determine which one would be the easiest and quickest to get. Thanks to you both. I have to determine if I have all the mounting hardware I need, and if not, how/where to get it before taking one of you up on your generous offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors