Black Walnut / Soft Maple forsale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Hi everyone we would like to try another lumber run for next Sunday (Jan 28th) in the Harbor Freight parking lot around 11:00 AM. I don't want to carry any more that 1000BF on my trailer, so if we reach 1000 BF we'll have to close this.

This time we would like to try Black Walnut and Soft Maple mix. We have not sawed the logs yet, so we can include custom quarter inch sawing within reason (4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 12/4, long bowl blank, etc...) at no additional cost. However if you want a bunch of 2x2’s or veneer or something over 12" wide, we’ll need to talk. Lumber will be rough cut fresh off the log.

Black Walnut is $1.50 a BF
Maple is $1.30 a BF

Currently I have PM's for 780 BF from:
[strike]
* Dtomasch 300BF 8/4 Black Walnut (Wide and as long as we can get the boards, will not be any longer than 16', prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED[/strike] Cancelled

*Gofor 100BF 8/4 Black Walnut (Wide and as long as we can get the boards, will not be any longer than 16', prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED

Doug Robinson
150 ~ 200BF 8/4 Black Walnut (Wide and as long as we can get the boards, will not be any longer than 16', prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED

* Mike Davis 150 BF Maple (100 BF 8/4, 50 BF of 4/4 - no wider than 12" and no longer than 10') CONFIRMED

* NCPete 100 BF Maple (5/4 as wide and 8 - 10' long) CONFIRMED

* Tonyps 100 BF Maple (4/4 x 12 x10) CONFIRMED

* Yellofins 100 BF Maple 50 BF Walnut ( 4/4, no wider than 12, prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED

* Fernhollowman 50 BF Maple (4/4, max width 9" max length 10, prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED

* HPM67 30 BF Maple (5/4 no wider than 12" any lenth ( prefer 9' long) CONFIRMED - deverted to
Sunday (Feb 11th) run, please see http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6711

* Clowman 100 BF Black Walnut (4/4, max width 12" max length 10') CONFIRMED

There's currently 500 BF of unspoken maple and approx 3000 BF of black walnut in the log yard. So we can only go to a max of 500 BF of maple (Black Walnut andMAPLE are sold out)

If you’re interested, please reply to this post. Those that I have listed above, please reply to this thread and verify I have listed your orders correct.

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'll take 100 bf maple. When is the 28th? lesseee, 16th is today, 12 days away.... OK!!!

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Jeff,
I'm interested in 100'Maple 4/4 and 50'Walnut 4/4 but I'm not sure if I can make it the 28th.
I'll check the schedule or see if I can get a proxy.
Ron

I would like 20bf of 1/4" walnut, under 8' in length in various widths as they come. Also 20 bf of 1/4' maple same as above. I also would like some bowl blanks in walnut, figured parts of the tree if available. 8 quarter by 10 to 12" wide. Can you do. Let me know. I will be comming up from Edenton, NC. Also any large chuncks of firured parts.
Al Gustave 252-482-8319 Thanks

J

jeff...

I would like 20bf of 1/4" walnut, under 8' in length in various widths as they come. Also 20 bf of 1/4' maple same as above. I also would like some bowl blanks in walnut, figured parts of the tree if available. 8 quarter by 10 to 12" wide. Can you do. Let me know. I will be comming up from Edenton, NC. Also any large chuncks of firured parts.
Al Gustave 252-482-8319 Thanks

Al, Very sorry but I'll have to pass on the veneer and the bowl blanks for now. I'll call you tomorrow and see if we can work some thing out separate, is there a good time to call?

Thanks

J

jeff...

NZAPPI / NCPete / Yellofins / Fernhollowman. Please specify your thickness and not to exceeds width preference.

Thanks guys :-D

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
4/4 - 5/4. I will take any width basically. I need to tune up my planes anyways, if it's too big for the machines coming this weekend :)

Jeff, I thought afterwards about the pick up place. In my mind I pictured the parking lot of Harbor freight in Norfolk. It never entered my mind that it might be somewere else. What city are you going to ? When you call we can sort that out and other matters. I will be around all morning today. If I miss your call due to shop noise leave your number on the recorder and I will call back. Regards, Al

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
50bf maple

4/4
max width 9"
max length 10'
preferred length 8'

I started to tell you that the max width was the length multiplied by the tangent of some angle, but I decided there's no guessing what I might have gotten.

Jim

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Jeff,

4/4 is preferred, 5/4 will work.
8' length. If it's longer I can cut it.
Any width to 12".

Thanks,
Ron

MikeH

New User
Mike
I would like 30 BF of 5/4? 8' lengths would be ideal ( I can cut if longer) and any width up to 12". I am not sure if I will be able to make it on the 28th either so hopefully I can find a proxy to bring the wood to Charlotte.

Thanks and let me know.

dtomasch

New User
David
Jeff,
I'll take that 300bf, but really don't need anything over 8ft. I am planning on putting it on the back of my truck and would prefer not to drag a trailer. I can always butcher thoes tn the parking lot if absoutly necessary.
Anybody in asheville area that would like some lumber let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

MikeH

New User
Mike
After reading down through the post it looks like the Maple might already be spoken for. Jeff can you confirm how much maple is spoken for?

Thanks,

J

jeff...

Jeff, I thought afterwards about the pick up place. In my mind I pictured the parking lot of Harbor freight in Norfolk. It never entered my mind that it might be somewere else. What city are you going to ? When you call we can sort that out and other matters. I will be around all morning today. If I miss your call due to shop noise leave your number on the recorder and I will call back. Regards, Al

Al, Very sorry I can't accept your order for the 1/4 veneer at these prices. I'm sure we can work something out but just not sure what that would be. We can discuss when I give you a call this morning.

Thanks

J

jeff...

After reading down through the post it looks like the Maple might already be spoken for. Jeff can you confirm how much maple is spoken for?

Thanks,

I put you down for the last 50 BF of maple, please confirm this is what you want.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Jeff... 4/4 100BF Maple.

max 12" wide.
Max 8' to 10' long.

I am in :icon_thum

Nick I had you down for 50BF of the maple per your PM - I don't know if we'll be able to make a 100BF but we'll see what we can do.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS