Biscuit joiner for sale

Graywolf

Richard
Corporate Member
I was just curious if any other members use a biscuit joiner.
I get it, at the moment I’m trying to help the globe economy by selling an item. Also I’m eating a little humble pie because I made several errors in the original post, hence I’m taking some crap. No big deal I’ll put it on the market somewhere else. Oh to answer your question, yes some professional shops still use biscuits for some joinery. Personally I never liked them, but was forced to use them. They had or have their place. That said, maybe you should start a poll on your own thread. I’d be curious as well.

Graywolf

Richard
Corporate Member
Sorry we messed up your post. But hey, at least it is staying near the top of the What's New page. ;)
That is true Mark, but I sold the detail sander that works. I’ll be posting some more items later and I look forward to the grammar and spelling police pulling me over. :cool:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Who uses biscuit joiners in 2020? I'm just curious if anyone uses them nowadays and why.

They were pretty unique back in the 1970-1990s but may not be very useful today.
I use them for panel glueups, as well as the occasional butt joint. It is also really good for cutting spline slots .I made a large picture frame (3x4) and it would not fit on my table saw jig. Definitely has its uses.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Who uses biscuit joiners in 2020? I'm just curious if anyone uses them nowadays and why.

They were pretty unique back in the 1970-1990s but may not be very useful today.
I use mine all the time, not for everything. It's faster than a domino and a lot less fussy. If I need mortis and tenon I have other tools for that.

Jeff

Jeff
Corporate Member
I get it, at the moment I’m trying to help the globe economy by selling an item. Also I’m eating a little humble pie because I made several errors in the original post, hence I’m taking some crap. No big deal I’ll put it on the market somewhere else. Oh to answer your question, yes some professional shops still use biscuits for some joinery. Personally I never liked them, but was forced to use them. They had or have their place. That said, maybe you should start a poll on your own thread. I’d be curious as well.
Without a separate poll we have some informative answers from some other members.

Pop Golden

Pop
Corporate Member
You better believe I use my biscuit jointer! These machines are one of the very useful around today. They are a lot easier than doweling and contrary to a lot of folks make a strong joint. They are not a tenon but they have their place.

Pop

junquecol

Bruce
User
I own two, a Craftsman and a Dewalt. Both are the same joiner, just different colors.. Don't use either as much as I used to when building cabinets for PAYING customers.

Graywolf

Richard
Corporate Member
It’s alright I’ll just take it somewhere else and sell it Probably for more money.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS