Bird feeder design needed

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Would be nice but that will never happen. I have to read his mind...been doing it for twenty years. Whatever I build he will say he likes it, if it is still on the pole a year from now he did like it or it could be gone in a month and nothing more will be said. Always interesting

Okay you're free to come up with a design and build it for him.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the input - I will post pictures as soon as I get back on this. For now I am concentrating on making a bunch of angels for our front lines

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member

How about a historic design? David over at Make Something did an interesting house. You could even do your boss' house or something NC specific. Model of the Wright Bros plane, Hunley sub, USS NC Battleship. Those are kinda of our there but just thinking outside of the box.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
How about a historic design? David over at Make Something did an interesting house. You could even do your boss' house or something NC specific. Model of the Wright Bros plane, Hunley sub, USS NC Battleship. Those are kinda of our there but just thinking outside of the box.
That hurts when you call mid-century historic:eek:

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
That hurts when you call mid-century historic:eek:
I squirrel proofed our bird feeder by putting a piece of PVC pipe over the metal pipe that the feeder sits on. Then I attached an electric fencer to the post. Next, I wrap two bare wires around the PVC, keeping the wires about 2" apart as they spiral up. One wire goes to the hot terminal, one to ground terminal.

It doesn't kill the squirrel, but they do jump off in a hurry. Not sure if any bears have tried it, but I suspect they have. We live in the county were all the problem bears from Gatlinburg get relocated.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS