binding tablesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtomasch

New User
David
A table saw question...
I have a 1970's Walker Turner 2 HP cabinet sytle saw. When I rip boards (especially maple, wh.Oak) the fence side of the blade burns the wood and there is a slight binding at the end of the rip. My blade is square (ie plumb) and my fence is as well. Is it possible that my table is unsquare to my blade? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also if thoes "table saw guys" are out there and are interested in a trip to asheville we might could work something out! Thanks:eusa_doh:

dtomasch

New User
David
Thanks Mike,
I will check the blade with the slot and let you know. I appreciate the advice.
david

T

toolferone

When you make a cut, is the kerf the same width as the blade? If it is wider the blade might be warped a little. Try a different blade and see if it changes any.

It does sound like the blade or the fence is toed in at the rear and rubbing the wood If you lock the fence right on the edge of the miter gauge and feel down the length, it should be dead even. With out a dial gauge I take my combintation square sit it in the miter slot, run the ruler out until it barely contacts the side of one of the teeth. Mark that tooth with a marker and rotate the blade tooth to the back of the opening and slide the square back checking that same tooth. Make sure you hold the blade on the other end so y oiu are not pushung the blade towards the square. I can feel and hear the tooth barely touching the square and am looking to see and hear the same sound when I move the blade and check the back side. I have checked it with a gauge after doing it this way and am with in a .001" and is much easier and faster to check.

dtomasch

New User
David
hey thanks for the input all.
I have been tied up with other people's work and had very little time in the shop. hope to check these things tonight. Thanks for the help and I will update later as to the results of the checks.
DGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS