Big Snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Gasoline for generator? check. Fire wood? Check. Milk and bread? Check. Lots of good reading material? Check.
OK, let it snow......someplace else. The weather channel is broadcasting from Asheville this morning, so it must be Asheville is ground zero, so good luck to all of the far western portions of the state. My hope and prayer is all of you are prepared for what they are billing as "record breaking," and "the storm of the century." Personally, I HATE SNOW! The plan here is to hunker down, and keep warm by the fire, while enjoying our milk sammiches.:gar-Bi

Jeff

New User
Jeff
"Record breaking" and "storm of the century" is much overused and probably an exaggeration to sensationalize the reporting. Nonetheless we're in for a good snowfall in the western and central Piedmont areas. I imagine that most folks have taken care of their storm checklist and are ready to hunker down later today. It'll probably be much better by Monday.

Bruce, stay warm in Newton.

tandemsforus

John
User
Here in Asheville

Planning for the worst, hoping for the best. Its gonna be a close thing.
Might have lots of snow, might have lots of ice, might have lots of rain. We are right in that sweet spot where we will most likely have lots of all three.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just got 10 gallons of gas for the lawn mower ;) ,
but if we have an ice storm and power outage, I figure I'll use it in the generator instead...... :D

mbromley

New User
Bromley
I'm not holding my breath, expecting a good amount of rain and dark gloomy days although I would love some snow!

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Sitting here in Asheville (@3400') and the snow forecasted to start at 4P started 2hrs ago. Pantry is stocked, propane tank full for generator, plenty of wine and firewood and we have a full Netflix wish list set up. We're decorating the tree and trimming the interior.

The dogs will love the snow. We have a new mini Goldendoodle whose not seen snow so we're ready to film.

Life is good.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Time will tell how bad it will be. I hope we get more towards the low end of their snow total guess. I've got what's needed to ride it out. Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Red

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'm in Hendersonville and it started snowing here about 1:30 and began to accumulate about 3. So far, we have about an inch or so on the ground but the real snow won't come until overnight. I moved my truck and car to the upper end of my driveway and put tarps over their windshields to make removing the accumulated snow easier. Also moved my small generator (3,400 watt inverter dual fuel Champion) to my front porch out of the weather along with 25 gallons of gasoline in case I lose power. I hope we don't lose power and plan to do some reading and watch some Amazon Prime over the next two days. If we get lots of snow, I'll take some pics.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
4" dusting here. Sure is pretty, perfect for snowmen. Just got back from walking the dogs. Putting my cross-country skis on now, maybe I will have Ranger pull me.
Glad it is Sunday

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't know how many inches so far, but it is the fastest accumulation I've seen in recent memory. It has to be at least 4". It had not snowed any at 2AM.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Rougemont, NC. Snow started here about 4-5 am and we now have about 6" at 9 am. 28 degrees.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Somebody put a big red bow on this and call it Christmas. This is what I grew up with - still love it

IMG_4536.jpg

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Barely any snow on the east side of Charlotte, but a lot of sleet and freezing rain.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
No snow in Monroe but the trees are showing ice accumulation. Already reports of power outages < 1 mile south of my home.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
about 8" in Rolesville. A very heavy wet snow as evidenced by my breaking the handle on my snow shovel. Got the job done with a coal shovel.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It started with a hard rain just after dark last night, which most likely washed off all the brine that had been applied to the road surfaces. By midnight everything was blanketed with snow, and this morning there appears to be around 6" accumulation on every thing. It is sticking to to tree limbs and that's not good. Afraid we may lose power with all the snow weight on tree limbs. About 8 miles south of Hickory but looks more like Buffalo, NY. We have firewood and reading material, as well as having my 2 Kindles, Samsung tablet, IPhone, etc. all charged and ready to entertain me. Generator is standing by just in case, but oh how I wish it would snow......someplace else!

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
9-10" in Clemmons and still coming down. has changed to wet/ice, I guess that's what they call wintry mix. expecting it to continue for several more hours. then turn wet. Roads were passable at 10, not sure they will be tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS