Big Sign Finished Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
My boss gave me the day off with the promise that I would make him a sign for our work center.

I made this in just under 7 hours so it was a pretty good deal, I would much rather fool around in my shop than fix aircraft any day!

It is supposed to look be designed after old fashioned cars or a diner or something. Made from MDF - Painted like crazy, and suspended with chain - I took Marks advise, chain hooks to two pieces of wood, hooks to MDF with 10 wood screws.

Cann stands for Cannibalization - a process of taking good parts off a jet with a fairly large problem - like a bad engine, to fix another jet with a smaller problem - like bad radio or something.

IMG_02452.JPG

View image in gallery

This is from the middle of the hangar.

This is from behind.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks really good, Dan. That modified bow tie and the framing really sets it off.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Maybe you have a future as a sign maker!

Go

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
That looks great.
That also looks like the hanger I used to work in(yellow branch).
I see they are still Cannibalizing (making hanger queens :gar-La;).

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice job!:icon_thum:icon_thum MDF huh?:help: I guess you hung it with a crane?:rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nicely done Dan :icon_thum I like the yellow caution sign on the door also. :gar-La; Seeing the jets in a static state is pretty different for me, my house is under one of the practice routes so usually when I see them they are screaming overhead at a bazillion miles an hour. :wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work Dan. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad you got a day in the shop to make something that I'm sure you and your coworkers will cherish for many years. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Dan,
Great work on the sign for sure. I guess that is a mil spec ceiling fan in picture #3.Boy I bet you can move some warm NC air with that B A F.I had not heard the term cannibalization since my USAF and Pratt and Whitney days and they were long ago.
Greg

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dan,

That truly ROCKS Bro. Nicely Done for sure, and way to get a day off.

So I am guessing you made the letters with your scroll saw, and you cut out the sign with a jig saw???

WAY TO GO~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS