Big News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina

Chris
User
I am finally ready to open the Carolina Woodworking Shop! You may be asking...What is the Carolina Woodworking Shop? It is a Members' based woodshop located in Graham, NC....just a couple of miles from Woodworkers Supply. Here's a link to the website to learn more about the shop and see photos www.carolinawoodworkingshop.com Unlike a co-op this shop is for amateur woodworkers from all different skill levels. It's not only a shop to do woodworking but it's a great place to make friends and learn from each other. Everyone is welcome to come by and take a tour of the shop.

Thanks,

Chris

cskipper

Cathy
Wow! That's terrific - makes me want to find Graham. Do you have members sign liability waivers?

Carolina

Chris
User
The Members are required to sign a Membership Agreement which covers liability and to take a safety class/test. Safety has always been a high priority for me.

cskipper

Cathy
The Members are required to sign a Membership Agreement which covers liability and to take a safety class/test. Safety has always been a high priority for me.

I;m didn't mean to imply that safety was not a priority for you, just wondered how you were handling for this. Sorry if I was critical.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
wow, very good idea, I wish something like that was around me. how will you handle projects that require multiple days of glue ups, or finishes that can spread over a couple days and they take up floor space from other people and there projects?

Chris

b4man

New User
Barbara
This sounds great Chris! Good luck with this endeavor and I'll be making a road trip east a shot distance to check it out!:icon_cheers

Carolina

Chris
User
wow, very good idea, I wish something like that was around me. how will you handle projects that require multiple days of glue ups, or finishes that can spread over a couple days and they take up floor space from other people and there projects?

Chris

I have a mechanical room that will also be used for storage for larger projects.

Carolina

Chris
User
I;m didn't mean to imply that safety was not a priority for you, just wondered how you were handling for this. Sorry if I was critical.

Cathy, I didn't perceive your question as being critical at all. It is a great question. I spent 4 months last year working with several insurance companies trying to find a policy that would cover me before I could start the business.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice setup. May I ask if you are associated with woodworkers supply? With all of the woodtek equipment and the close proximity it seems as though the two companies are closely related. I wish you well in your endeavor to provide a place for the local woodworker that is limited in equipment to fulfill their dreams in creating woodworking projects. Two Thumbs Up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Carolina

Chris
User
Nice setup. May I ask if you are associated with woodworkers supply? With all of the woodtek equipment and the close proximity it seems as though the two companies are closely related. I wish you well in your endeavor to provide a place for the local woodworker that is limited in equipment to fulfill their dreams in creating woodworking projects. Two Thumbs Up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
I am not affiliated with Woodworkers Supply, however, I have been a customer of theirs for many years and will be referring our Members to purchase any woodworking related items from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS