Bid on Shed Addition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Here's the deal ... I REALLY need to build a medium size shed off the back of my garage for general storage -- as well as a dust collector in the future. I've laid it out and was (am?) thinking about doing it myself -- but reality is starting to set in and I'm thinking I might want to get some bids on someone else to do it (or most of it, at least).

See ... my wife is very pregnant and before I know it (7 weeks or less) this baby is going to come out ... and I've got a lot of projects to do before then ... so somethings gotta give! This is it ...

Anyone out here interested in giving me a bid/estimate on building the shed (soon)? PM me if interested. I'm located in east Charlotte.

A little more details:
- To be built behind the garage, up against it
- I have already pulled the permit, but it's going to need inspections (want it done right so I don't have problems selling this house one day)
- I've already paid someone to come level the area a little bit and move the gravel out of the way
- The budget isn't big, so no grossly inflated estimates :icon_scra
- Needs concrete footers, and will be wooden structure to match house
- No windows, two barn-style doors (made on-site) will work
- 16'x8' or 16'x10'

Here's my initial mockup (dimensions may be smaller):

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
May not be anyone doing this type of work in your area.

Get 3 estimates and make sure you get references.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, still no bids ... but an offer or two to help if I do it alone. Still debating ... I guess it's like any project ... just gotta get it started.

Woodydiver (Curt) has been helping me along with advice and is drawing up some more detailed plans. From that I hope to be able to estimate the cost more accurately and then move ahead. :icon_scra

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
If you go it on your own, get some pneumatic nailers even if you have to rent them.

It isn't a huge project and doesn't effect the structure of the house so that is a positive. Your problem is the same as mine, time to do it.

cptully

New User
Chris
F long time friend of mine (who is not on this board to the best of my knowledge) may well be interested in doing this. His name is Robert Candler. You can reach him by phone sent via PM.

Tell him I gave you his number.

Chris Tully

CarlaG

New User
Carla
jeremy, too bad charolewt is so far away, id be glad to help you out with this project. sometimes i feel like a outsider over here in eastern nc,with moast of you guys out in the western part of the state. i hate missing all the lunch meetings and various shows that you guys attend.good luck with the project. who knows,mabie you could give it a go yourself. aqll ya gotta do is keep addin wood till it looks like you want it to:wsmile: oops i just saw that i posted as carla, this is actualy allen:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
jeremy, too bad charolewt is so far away, id be glad to help you out with this project. sometimes i feel like a outsider over here in eastern nc,with moast of you guys out in the western part of the state. i hate missing all the lunch meetings and various shows that you guys attend.good luck with the project. who knows,mabie you could give it a go yourself. aqll ya gotta do is keep addin wood till it looks like you want it to:wsmile: oops i just saw that i posted as carla, this is actualy allen:eusa_doh:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
Allen? Carla???
Hope you can hear me laughing :D

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Allen/Carla whoever you are, don't sweat being in the eastern part of the state. Part of the fun of the board is that it makes long distances seem closer. If you do plan a trip to an area be sure to start a thread and see about hooking up with some of us.

I got to drool over Jeremy's shop myself last time I went to Charlotte!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It's okay ... I joke with her about it all the time ... tell if her if the baby looks like any of my co-workers or neighbors we gotta have a talk ...:rotflm:
Why would that matter? Didn't you already sign over your firstborn child in exchange for your Festools? And your secondborn for that SawStop? :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS