Bevel Cut Inlay on the Scroll Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
THIS IS A WORKSHOP CLASS THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON !
The class is finally ready to go! This is the project I am teaching. I will also have my flocking kit and will demonstrate how to flock the inside of your box.

attachment.php
attachment.php

You will need the following materials:
2 pieces about 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3/4 to 1”.
2 pieces about 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 1/4
1 piece At least About 3 x 3 x 1/4 in a contrasting color.
For practice and set up, some 1/4 inch pieces in contrasting colors at least 4 inch square.
Blades, I used #3 and #1
pencils, adhesive of choice, clear packing tape scissors.
I will bring my dremel and bits, if you can bring yours, please do.
If you can bring your saw, pleas do.
Date to be determined.

Attachments

• AEAEE0F8-457A-4BFC-A81C-B7D4E12DF565.jpeg
    AEAEE0F8-457A-4BFC-A81C-B7D4E12DF565.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 6CA78745-B312-4C40-B6AD-4533451B3683.jpeg
    6CA78745-B312-4C40-B6AD-4533451B3683.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think the thread title is misleading and you do not give a date for the class - that may be why no one is signing up - just an observation from my side, Berta.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
I'm embarrassed. I have a $100 Ryobi scroll saw. I bought it because it will do things better than a band saw or jig saw. Probably the best $100 I spent. Don't use it much but do like some of the things made on a scroll saw I've seen here on NCWW. Definitely a good thing to have.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
If I get enough folks interested I will find a place. The date will be determined by when most can do it.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'd love to assist but learned from the last class that a 2 1/2 drive leaves me too hurting to stand up much. Hoping to get left hip replaced soon, as well as possible back surgery. Once I have all these new parts and upgraded, I'm gonna go uptown and update my birth certificate.:gar-La;
Just 1 question Berta, what angle are you gonna use for your inlay? I'd probably experiment to find the best angle, but maybe start at 4 or 5 degrees, then sand flush. I haven't done inlays, but I have done many self framing plaques using 3-3 1/2 degrees.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd love to assist but learned from the last class that a 2 1/2 drive leaves me too hurting to stand up much. Hoping to get left hip replaced soon, as well as possible back surgery. Once I have all these new parts and upgraded, I'm gonna go uptown and update my birth certificate.:gar-La;
Just 1 question Berta, what angle are you gonna use for your inlay? I'd probably experiment to find the best angle, but maybe start at 4 or 5 degrees, then sand flush. I haven't done inlays, but I have done many self framing plaques using 3-3 1/2 degrees.

Angle is governed by two factors. Thickness of the wood and thickness (kerf) of the blade.

You can change all the parts you want. Just don 't change who you are.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Berta, I too didn't realize this was a workshop until after I opened it and read your post.

So, count me in!

I love doing stuff on the scroll saw and I've actually done some of this a very long time ago. Except mine wasn't an inlay, it was actually proud to add character to the piece, so I used a shallower angle so the piece that fell out would sit proud when pushed back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS