Best woodburning tip fir signing work

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a woodburning system to sign my work, mostly the bowls that I turn. I read through some old threads and it looks like the Cub system from Klingspor does a good job. Is this the best tip for signatures: Cub Woodburning / Pyrography Unit | Klingspor's Woodworking Shop ? I would like to be able to do a fairly small signature. What is the minimum letter height that I could do with the .076" tip? Ideally, I would like to get down to 1/4" tall letters.

Thanks,
Brad

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have a Colwood burner, same as the one at Klingspor only larger. That is the best you can get in my opinion. The small round tip is perfect for signing your work and with a little practice you should be able to make 1/8 inch letters easily.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I have the Colewood Cub. Otherwise, Ditto everything Mike said! It's a great unit! You never know, you might find other techniques that you'd like to try with it!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
My wife gave me for Christmas (my request) a set of 4 Colewood "detail nib kit" $49.45 Klingspore # CE90006 before discount. That kit has the following burning tips: 1mm ball stylus, .03" micro writing, needle point & mini "J". I have had problems signing work with the normal small writing tip. Haven't tried them out yet, but I think they will solve both mine and your problems.

Pop :)

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
Mike - Do you know the part number for your round tip?

Pop - Please let me know how your new tips work out?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Actually, we have the complete set. I got the kit for my son one year, ( I think he was 12 or so) spent over $200 for him. Got all the tips available and some parts to make our own custom tips. Don’t have any part numbers.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For individual tips you can also get them from Michele Parson. She is one of the vendors that works with Klingspor and usually is present at the Klingspor Extravaganza.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS