Status
Not open for further replies.

asteude

New User
Andy
Thanks for the link, Mark! Do you happen to know if Guido Henn (the German woodworker) has a website? Googling briefly didn't yield anything obvious.

Yes, I already incorporate his method as part of my process. Here's what I do:

1. cut out all parts with CNC router
2. pin any parts that will be double thickness together
3. first pass round over all parts on router table
4. use a drum/edge sander to make sure all the edges are perfectly flush
5. second pass round over all parts

Since the second pass just takes a sliver or two off the edge, it comes out pretty smooth (for plywood.) So, this gives me a pretty good starting point for hand sanding.

I got excited when I got a Woodcraft catalog today advertising the Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener. It looks exactly like what I was envisioning! Except when I watched the product video online it turned out the thing is tiny! With a 1/4-1/2" belt! :rotflm: Here's the link at Northern Tool.

I also tightened the belt on my homemade hand belt sanding tool and it works a lot better. There's enough give in the belt itself to conform to the curvature pretty well.

Well, enough chit chat. Gotta go make sawdust!

Take care!
Andy

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
These pop up on the Industrial auction sites a lot. Probably 10 times what you need:
192921A.jpg

192921C.jpg

http://www.irsauctions.com/popups/b...ction=DCOFHA8SMLE9HIGVJWXWIULN6I0E3C&id=14638

asteude

New User
Andy
See... now you made me get drool all over my keyboard!

Yes... ten times more than I "need". But then, it's not like I really "needed" the CNC machine either! Unfortunately I haven't been able to talk the power company into giving me 3 phase service into my basement.

Yet.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS