best place to buy exotic woods????

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I was woundering where the best place to buy exoctic woods were.... I only need small boards.. (18"x 6" x 1") or around that size, boards that size late me forever. I currently buy them on ebay but after shipping a $4 board cost $10. I am looking for a local place to buy just small amounts of woods that would maybe be cheaper then ebay. Thanks for the help

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I usually use bocote, cocobolo, lacewood, paduka, african blackwood..... Stuff like that.. I buy the boards that size and use them for pens, and other small items I turn.... So the boards last along time.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have gotten Cocobolo, Paduk, and Bocote at both Woodcraft and Klingspore in Raleigh. Wall lumber, East Wake Hardwood and NCwood would be good starts on your search too although they aren't local to you. For such small stock ordering off the net is probably gonna be the simplest way to get what you need, especially with gas prices as they are. If you want me to check out some sources here in Raleigh and send you some stock just let me know.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Gary (NCWood) may be able to help you out. He sells alot of turning stock, but may have some "ins" on other types of stock.

If you can swing a trip or work out something with David, he also may be able to help you out. See this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS