Best place to buy carpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Most if my downstairs is hardwood but my living room is carpet and it needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on where to buy it? I have never installed carpet but I assume it just needs to be stretched either by a knee kicker or machine?
Thanks!
Salem

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
When I finished my basement 2 years ago, I researched this to death. The cheapest option I went with was to order it directly from one of the large carpet companies in Dalton, GA, then hire a local guy who works for a carpet company to come on a Saturday and install it for me. I had to go to the local freight warehouse to pick it up, but by my calculations, I saved $1100.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Thanks for the input guys. I don't need a ton of carpet so I will probably look locally first.
Salem

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Call the carpet connection in Raleigh. I did a spot buy of the carpet that I needed in asheboro, then paid them for the padding and the install. I got a great install and a good price. 1100 sqft plus stairs was done in no time.

I am sure that they will have some remnants of good carpet if you want to install it yourself; just don't skimp on the padding below, it makes a huge difference.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Check out Lowes / HD. They both offer lifetime warranty on installation. Be sure and buy a better grade of pad. Free pad is little more than news paper thick. Search around for a 10% off coupon, before buying. Carpet installation isn't for amateurs. I wouldn't even think about doing such, despite having over forty years experience in the building business. I have local guy here in Friendship, I normally use for my installs.

Truefire

New User
Chris
I would suggest Bell's Carpet in Raleigh as well if you are in the Raleigh area, extremely helpful people and they have been in business for 30+ years.

Chris

sawduster

New User
Robert
I have a good friend who does carpet and flooring. He is local, does a good job and has good prices ..at least as far as I know . PM me if you want his info :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS