Best Cordless Dremel Type Tool

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Forgive me I posted this in the past! I am wanting or it would be helpful if I had a cordless type dremel tool. … I have corded drills,drill press etc but would just like something for when I just want a smaller tool and maybe can just sit outside on a stool using it…..I have a corded dremel…Are there any you guys have used that are better than others…??? Best battery life too maybe ?Thanks a bunch guys!!!

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I got tired of smoking up a Dremel every 18-24 months (of occasional use) and decided to try a Proxxon. I've had it for over 13 years and it's still running fine. It's an AC unit, so I cannot speak to their cordless offering, other than to say it's not cheap! Additionally, some of their collet sizes seem to be a bit fussy with some Dremel bits.
I tend to trust Milwaukee tools and they have a less expensive cordless rotary tool.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike,
I have been REALLY happy with this one from Ryobi: RYOBI 12V Cordless Rotary Tool Kit TVM01 - The Home Depot
I do not use the quick-change chuck - it SUCKS!

Disclaimer - yup, it is a Ryobi, it is NOT a Foredom, it is not a Guenevere, but it IS portable and battery operated and variable speed, those were my three requirements - and it is working fine for light work (sanding, light grinding etc.)

When I am doing something "serious" I get the Foredom out...

spitzerone

New User
Gary
I have both a corded and cordless Dremel. Every since I got the cordless about 4 years ago, I have not used the corded one once. I use it for everything from woodworking to grinding my dog's nails down. Dremel has a bunch of attachments available some which are really great and some not so great. The cordless rarely needs a charge but the charger comes witt it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS