Best Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK who has the best offer - I mean something like 20% off and free shipping? I am always looking for great deal, just have not seen much yet.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I hope to see something I actually need go on a deep discount in the woodworking category. Amazon is doing some pretty deep discounts on electronics and Jet is putting their parallel clamps down to half price...maybe mirka will too! Lol

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I got a Woodcraft flyer in the mail the other day and it advertised the Jet clamps for 50% off, so I'm guessing they'd be available from any participating dealer. Maybe Klingspor is offering the special as well.

B

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is the Highland Woodworker flier I got in my email. Some Black Friday deals, and some half price discontinued items.

I bought that Flex Arm LED lamp for a buck cheaper at Peachtree with free shipping. Also got some pen blanks made from Jack Daniel's Oak Barrels for 3 bucks a pair. Each comes with a certificate of authenticity if anybody cares.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bought that Flex Arm LED lamp for a buck cheaper at Peachtree with free shipping. Also got some pen blanks made from Jack Daniel's Oak Barrels for 3 bucks a pair. Each comes with a certificate of authenticity if anybody cares.
Much better if they came with the Jack

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Wood Whisperer Guild is giving a 15% discount on their individual projects with code THANKS today and tomorrow. Of note are one I bought (for full price) the G&G Blanket Chest and there is also a Morris Chair project plus a bunch of others that aren't my favorites but might just be one of yours.

LB75

George
OK, remind me to check back on 11/28 - I really like their clamps versus the others out there. Have some long ones, need some more shorter ones.

Thanks for the heads up.

Okay, so if you had about $500 to spend on the Jet clamps during this sale, what mix of lengths would you guys go with?

CLetts

New User
Carl
Okay, so if you had about $500 to spend on the Jet clamps during this sale, what mix of lengths would you guys go with?

Short Answer: 40's & 24's.

Long Answer: Back when I first started buying Parallel Clamps, I bought the longer ones. My theory being "you can clamp a small glue up with a large clamp but you can't clamp a large glue up with a small clamp". Then as my budget allowed, I started buying the smaller ones because it does get old using really long clamps for shorter glue ups. Now-a-days there are ways to combine shorter clamps for larger glue ups. You have to ask yourself just how often you build large projects where you'll need the really long clamps.

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Highland Woodworking has the Rikon 10" Bandsaw with free Wood Slicer blade for $199! Also Rockler has the Bessey set of 4 clamps with the benchtop blocks for around $130.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Home Depot has Bessey 4 pack of clamps for $20. They're 2-12" and 2-6"...at the store at Mt. Moriah Rd. and 15-501. Don't know about the other stores but I would assume so.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is a great deal. I have that saw and use it more than its big brother

Highland Woodworking has the Rikon 10" Bandsaw with free Wood Slicer blade for $199! Also Rockler has the Bessey set of 4 clamps with the benchtop blocks for around $130.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That is a great deal. I have that saw and use it more than its big brother

Agreed. Good saw for a good price. I got mine for the same price a couple of years ago but it came with a trash bag slicer blade. The blade worked great when I tossed it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS