Best Bandsaw Blade for curves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpw

Charles
Corporate Member
I have read all the raves about woodslicer resaw blades, but does anyone have a favorite brand of 3/16" - 1/4" blade for cutting curves? I need one for my Jet 18".

jahrules

New User
Greg
the timberwolf blades by suffolk machinery are top notch. Give them a call or email them, and they will ask you questions regarding what types of materials you want to cut and such and will recommend the blade you need.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I guess I must have taken this in an entirely different way,:icon_scra but I presumed you are talking about cutting curved radii (sp) and curved parts. IF that is correct, then it will depend on how tight a turn you need to make. :eusa_thinFor 90% of what I do, I use a 3/8" blade. For smaller work, I drop to a 1/4".

I buy my blades from Precision Saw Works in Polkton. They use Lenox blade stock and I have gotten good results with their blades. :wsmile:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I use 1/4", 0.625", 6 TPI, hook pattern, bi-metal blades from Woodcraftbands.com. They aren't cheap, but you get more value for your money, IMHO. I use this blade for EVERYTHING!. Last one broke (not at weld) after about 12 years of use

FlyingRon

Ron
I'm pretty sure I've got a 3/8" on the saw now and that's what I leave there most of the time. If I'm going to get ambitious with the curves, I push back the bottom guides and swap in the Carter "Stabilizer" guide in the top. It lets you turn a little tighter than you'd think you should be able to with that size blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS