Beginning woodworker in Raleigh

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Hey guys. Novice woodworker here in northern Raleigh.

Recently finished graduate school and finally have some time to devote to building things. I've been building basic pockethole and big box lumber furniture for the last few years and am looking to step my game up. This seems like the right place to be able to ask questions!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the wood pile, you’ll enjoy it here.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
welcome to the site. watch out for these guys. they are terrible enablers. :p toolitis and woodguy disease run ramped around these parts.:eek:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Dustin, welcome to the site.
We love questions, ponderings, and projects. Ask away, post anything you like, and there's very likely someone here who can help.

Henry

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum, Dustin, feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family Dustin, just disregard anything FredP says, although he's almost always right, but when he's wrong, you could end up sharing a cell together over the weekend......………... ;) ;) ;)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Dustin, if you have questions, just ask, lots of people here will help you ........ Also, Mike's comment is primary, understanding hand tools help you better understand woodworking better.

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
Welcome! I'm over in Knightdale and have a fairly equipped shop. Let me know if I can help with anything.

--Jason

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
I too just joined up here and I'm with FredP - here's wishing you get a irritable case of toolitis and some incurable wood diseases! (Why else would you do this?)
Welcome to the show!

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Thanks for the warm welcome and warnings guys. As for the toolitis, my lovely wife has given me one bay of the garage to do as I wish so as long as i can keep inside of those boundaries, we are good to go.

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
(If you put your tools on carts you can stage a siege on that other bay!) It's how I navigate in my one-car basement space and works well. The attached router cart has its vacuum unit below - very compact.

Attachments

• 7D5A388F-866A-42D1-84B9-D50D4A44EF83.jpg
    7D5A388F-866A-42D1-84B9-D50D4A44EF83.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 154

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Not sure what part of north raleigh you are in but I’m about a mile up from Crabtree towards Millbrook. When all this craziness clears you’re welcome to stop by. I’m no where near the resource a lot of people are on here but always looking for excuses to get it in the shop.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS