Been Here Forever but Posting Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
[h=2]This was originally posted in November 2005 and is unchanged

New Member from Hendersonville[/h]
I was quite pleased :) when I found this site while looking for some woodworking information -- I retired in January 2003 and moved to Hendersonville early last year and have been building my first really good woodworking shop -- enough years were spent in half a garage in Durham and years before in smaller quarters! Now I have nearly 900 sf of unfinished basement with dry crawl space under it (guess where my DC is!). I'm pretty well equipped with a good 10" cabinet saw, 14" bandsaw, 6" jointer, 12" planer, drill press, router table with Jointech cabinetmakers fence, a small lathe, plus plenty of hand tools. Just finished a built-in TV/Display cabinet for friends made of birch plywood (carcase) and solid birch (raised panel doors and face frames).

Found Gennett Lumber in Asheville this year and have several hundred BF of cherry drying from last year's visit by Ivan the terrible...

Looking forward to meeting others on the site and sharing ideas.

I also enjoy golf (just spent 6 days in Myrtle Beach playing in 80 degree weather :cool:, but then somebody had to do it) and travel.

Rob aka McRabbet​

--------------------------------------------------------------
I am posting this again in the hope that my Corporate Member and DQ status can be re-established. Both have been lost for some time despite attempts to re-establish them. Thanks...

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Good to see you back active on the NCW forum, Rob! You know your old posts have never died :) You've been extremely helpful to everyone on the Clear Vue Cyclones Forum so it will be great to have you active here once again.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I am posting this again in the hope that my Corporate Member and DQ status can be re-established. Both have been lost for some time despite attempts to re-establish them. Thanks...

I don't know the criteria for either of those designations but the admins can probably direct you there.

You've replied to many threads over the years but maybe you haven't posted new threads so that could be the hang-up.

Anyway, keep on visiting and giving us good advice and insight.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Glad you see you back on the site. Give a yell next time when visiting in Apex , lets have lunch.
Pete

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't know the criteria for either of those designations but the admins can probably direct you there.

You've replied to many threads over the years but maybe you haven't posted new threads so that could be the hang-up.

Anyway, keep on visiting and giving us good advice and insight.

For anyone's curiosity and in answer to Jeff's questions - take a minute and have a look here:
User Privilege Levels and Promotion Policies;
https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=46-User-Privilege-Level-Promotion-Policies

NCWW Discount Program
https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=122-NCWW-Discount-Program-(DQ)

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Just for public knowledge, I have reviewed the Privilege levels, Promotion policies and the DQ policy and I am pretty certain I meet them all -- my current visitation level is 6.81 visits/week (not just my recent level -- I've been on site at that level for years), and I have posted 26 times since the first of the year. While I am not adding as many new threads as I did years ago, I remain a solid supporter of the group and provide monetary donations as well.

Somehow my profile data has been messed up and I am hoping that one of the Admins can figure out how to fix it (I'm not angry, just a bit frustrated because it seems to be elusive).

Thanks.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Welcome back. I especially remember your posts on dust collection that were helpful.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I can't say welcome back Rob, because I've been quite aware of your presence all along, both here in the forum, and being physically present at NCWW events in the unflat areas of NC. And for those who are newer, or just plain forgot, Rob was our president a few years back. So I hope this will correct the situation for your membership status and re-establish your corporate member and DQ status; you deserve at least those designations for your ongoing contributions to NCWW and your community.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Your profile page says you are discount qualified. It's just not showing in the posts.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 10.32.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 10.32.50 AM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 176

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your sharing a little history with those that are newer members.

And thanks too, Mike -- I didn't see that. I want to be sure of the Corporate status so I can vote for the Board later this spring.

EDIT: When I posted this, low and behold, I see that I am a Corporate Member and Discount Qualified! Thanks to Scott or Hank or Mike or whoever accomplished this for me! I do appreciate it!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can't take any credit. By the time I was able to check your profile it was already correct. Should you have any other issues just send me a PM or better yet open a help desk request.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome back Rob. It's always good to hear from someone that's been on the forum for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS