Beautiful black walnut lumber

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I picked up a load of some very nice black walnut this morning at the Appalachian Walnut Company in Lincolnton NC. If you’re a woodworker this is a place you need to visit. Many different grades of walnut. Cole and Brennan are brothers and run the sawmill together. Both are great to deal with. I see many charcuterie and cutting boards in this stack of walnut!

Red

Black walnut veneer grade.jpg

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
That looks great. I keep seeing their stuff on Facebook and I need to get up there. What was the bdft price?

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I got what they call their 90/90 veneer grade and it runs $8 a BF. They have lesser grades too but with this there are no knots or other imperfections to deal with.
I'm looking for someone in the Charlotte/Hickory area that sells kiln dried 4/4 curly maple. That seems to be a tough one to find. If you know of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Red

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
I have managed to get some equally pretty Walnut from my primary sawyer, although it is not always available. It’s all been sitting in my racks and will be used for something special someday. It’s pretty just to look a t...

Reactions: red

JCAlton

New User
Cody Alton
I live about 10 minutes from there and haven't gone yet. I really need to stop by to kick the tires if nothing else.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking for someone in the Charlotte/Hickory area that sells kiln dried 4/4 curly maple. That seems to be a tough one to find. If you know of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Red
One of the ebay sellers that I follow Sometimes has some very nice curly maple. Luthier quality, Short boards, highly figured, not cheap though. He ships them. Bought enough for a wine cabinet top many years ago. He may or may not have what you're looking for.

His ID is pretygood69.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I picked up 4/4 curly soft maple at West Penn in Conover, not sure how much more they have but what I got was wonderfully curly.

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
I got what they call their 90/90 veneer grade and it runs $8 a BF. They have lesser grades too but with this there are no knots or other imperfections to deal with.

Red
If you are willing to come to Mountain City, TN, 4/4 kiln dried curly maple is $2.60/bd ft. (Not mine, the ad is on Facebook Marketplace)

Last edited:

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
How much of the curly maple do you have and what length/width is it? I'm about 2 hours from you. Thanks
The gentleman that sells it is Eric C at 423 three30 7598.

I've bought lumber from him before and it is 8 feet long or longer.
I will edit my previous post so y'all know it's not my lumber.

Tiout

New User
Michael
Thank you! I used to get a lot of wood from the sawmill in Iron Station, and haven't known where to go close by since he shut down.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I picked up a load of some very nice black walnut this morning at the Appalachian Walnut Company in Lincolnton NC. If you’re a woodworker this is a place you need to visit. Many different grades of walnut. Cole and Brennan are brothers and run the sawmill together. Both are great to deal with. I see many charcuterie and cutting boards in this stack of walnut!

Red

View attachment 195460
We need to make sure they get listed on our Wood Sawyers listing. Do you have a specific address you can share?

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
We need to make sure they get listed on our Wood Sawyers listing. Do you have a specific address you can share?
The owner is Cole Sain and he is a member on this site. I would check with him for the contact info. He has great lumber and beautiful walnut.

Red

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS