Beall Wood Buffing System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

New User
jay
I have the Beall buff system and it is a great way to finish a bowl or any other project. However, I don't believe it's going to help you too much with any actual "sanding". I normally go up to at least 600 grit or so on a bowl before I use the Beall.

Have you tried a flap sander? Or mop sander?

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I also have the Beall system and agree with the others. It isn't a replacement for sanding. You need to try some sanding mops. After you reach 600 or so grit and you still want a smoother finish, then the Beall system might be a good choice, but it only works well on the hardest of the hardwoods. You just don't get the results on anything that's soft or grainy. A pore filler before using the Beall system is a good idea too.

Charley

blackemmons

New User
Jim
I too have the Beall system and really love it for small projects. Not much protection for the wood but it sure looks great.

The sanding part is still a PITA.

Jim

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Love my Beall Buff System. With proper prep work, it can bring up a stunning finish. It is not for sanding, however, it's for finishing touches on your finish.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
with the compounds available it can polish/buff many finishes like you won't believe.
it just isn't a sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS