Bathroom Wall Cabinet - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Well, I finally finished the wall cabinet. I appreciate all the help in this journey. Pretty satisfied the way it turned out except for the doors. Had problems with spaceballs and the glues joints. Will most like re-do the doors. Its definitely been a learning experience.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 214

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Very nice Eddie, the finish is great, pulls location looks good too.

Thanks!

Crazy story, but I bought a Fuji Semi-Pro from Klingspours the past spring for this project and other projects. Really like lacquer. I planned on using a satin lacquer finish. It was suggested in a previous thread that polyacrylic would be better in a humid environment like a bathroom.

Long story short, I watched a video from the Wood Whispering Guy on poly acrylic. He suggested a separate unit for water-borne finishes and solvent based finishes. Not wanting to spend money on another Fuji sprayer, I went to HF and bought a $15 HVLP sprayer. The air system at work has a lot of moisture in it. Since the poly acrylic is water-borne, I figured I'd give it a try. Did some test pieces with the HF sprayer, they turned out fine.

The wall cabinet has three coats of poly acrylic, lightly sanding between coats with 320 grit. Its slick as a baby's behind.

Who knew a $15 sprayer could lay down a finish like that. About 30 days later, the poly acrylic still stinks to high heaven, but its getting less noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors