Bathroom Vanity Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Today the remaining hardware that has been ordered for some time finally arrived and I was able to complete my bathroom vanity projest. It is built from solid cherry with Lacewood panels and the drawers and doors are banded with African Blackwood. The finish is two coats of amber shellac, then sanded and sprayed with pre-cat laquer. I used Soss invisible hinges for the doors and full extention soft close drawer slides. This was the first time I used either of these products and I don't know if I will ever use the Soss hinges again:BangHead:; a real PITA to install. The top is 1 1/4" absolute black granite. I used the same color granite tiles for the bathroom floor and as soon as I get finnished grouting it, the vanity will be installed.:eek:ccasion1

japanese_screne_012.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW, another outstanding piece coming out of your shop. The Blackwood banding really ties everything together with the top. And the Cherry case with the Lacewood panels goes together stupendously. I love the foot flare :icon_thum Beautiful design all around :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful design. I like how you banded the doors with blackwood, and the finish really brings everything together nicely. Great Job:thumbs_up

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dino,
I think you got everything right on this one :icon_thum
A truly striking piece of furniture with unbelievable wood matching. Heck, even the hardware texture matches the lacewood :swoon:

Roger

5Etek-mike

New User
Michael Lemings
Solid cherry; built for eternity!! What a quality project!
That's a beautiful finish! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That is a beautiful piece of furniture, Dino! I wouldn't call it a vanity, it is definitely FURNITURE.

Great job:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS