Bath Vanity OOPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Well not to bad. I must be not thinking straight because I have had shop time 4 of the last 5 days. I don't think I have ever had that before.

The first picture shows the stiles cut a little short. I dropped an inch off my measurements from the tape measure to the paper:BangHead: . Oh well that's why we check before we glue! No hinges yet, need to wait till the glue dries and do a final sanding and fitting first. I was going to use 1/4" ply for the doors but we where out so I used 3/8" instead. I think I like it better. The doors feel much more solid.

bv%20oops%20door.jpg
bv%20door%201.jpg

bv%20door%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I hate when that happens, at least you caught it before you glued up and were able to salvage the rails. Why do things like that happen when you are being the most careful. I guarantee you measured twice...but with the wrong measurement :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Dave (BTDT, too many times):)

J

jeff...

Great rebound, Your right, dry fit, then glue :-D. But even if it were glued, you still could have ran a face board inbetween the doors and no one would have known it was an opps but you. Don't ask me how I know this ;-).

b4man

New User
Barbara
It takes a big man to admit his mistakes. It takes a good man to share his mistakes with those who can learn from them. Thanks Tom.
I am enjoying your progress and look forward to every step.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
"Oops" is never a good word... at least one you never want to hear while sitting in the dentist's chair. If each of those was an inch short, I'd bet you burned an inch with the tape to get more accurate and then forgot to add it back on. I have done that so many times that I feel like I'm one of those guys who just can't be trained.

The vanity is coming along VERY nicely. It's going to be beautiful.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS