Basic Relief Carving Class, October 29th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
The long awaited Basic Relief Carving Class was held today at my shop near Pittsboro. We learned a lot, made lots of chips and had great fellowship! Thanks to our instructor Stave and my fellow students for making this a great day.

Here are a couple of photos; more can be found in my gallery.

DSC00356.JPG

View image in gallery
left to right: jemcguire, adowden, bobby g, Stave, KenOfCary, eyekode, zapdafish

We carved bumble bees, oak leaves and flowers. Carve, carve, carve!

bobby g

Last edited:

richlife

New User
Rich
It looks like you had another great class! Sorry I wasn't able to drop by as I'd hoped -- due to overnight smoking a large brisket, I was barely able to grab a shower before our family started coming in for Mom's b-day.

But ya'll made it -- that's all that counts.

Rich

eyekode

New User
Salem
I had a great time! It was nice to meet other NCWW's and the class was the right level for me (beginner!). I also appreciate having designs we can do without having a full arsenal of carving gouges.

Thanks Mark for the instruction. And thanks Bobby for opening up your shop and home for the event.
Best wishes,
Salem

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
It looks like you had another great class! Sorry I wasn't able to drop by as I'd hoped -- due to overnight smoking a large brisket, I was barely able to grab a shower before our family started coming in for Mom's b-day.

But ya'll made it -- that's all that counts.

Rich

Rich,

I smelled that and wondered what you were up to. :wwink: Sorry you couldn't stop by.

bobby g

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was great. It was also different spending a day doing a woodworking project that was QUIET!

Mark (Stave) is a great teacher and I think we all learned a lot.

And thanks to Bob and his gracious wife for hosting this event and sharing a meal with all of us.

- Ken.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
As soon as all 6 of us finish carving our panels, we can talk about planning the next class. :wsmile: How about if we target early spring? I just might be done by then!

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS