Baseball bat?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Do any of you have drawings for the official Major League Baseball bat? I need to make one for a friend and all I can find are rough drawings.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
This probably goes a little more basic than you need but it does give some good dimensional information. Problem is that in the MLB most bats are custom made to each player, I remember seeing a video about Louisville sluggers and all the templates they keep on hand for players so they can make more when they need them. 3 Ways to Make a Baseball Bat - wikiHow

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Which brings up an idea for Mike which he probably already thought of - search the Louisville Slugger website.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ok, I'm just going to take a chart and make my own drawing since I can't find exactly what I want.
Thanks for trying everyone.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i turned one a few years ago. i didn't follow specs it was just as a decorative gift.

one thing i faced was chatter since it was pretty long. i cut down the handle on the tail stock end and i think that was an error.

if i were to do it again i'd work from the barrel on tailstock end back towards the headstock and cut down the handle on that end only after i'd shaped and sanded the barrel.

overall it wasn't a difficult turn. i'm confident yours will turn out awesome.

There are steady you can buy or jigs you can make to help stabilize to and minimize chatter.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
There's a way to cheat.
A 7" disk sander smoothes out the bumps and blends the subtle curves.

1      disc sander - 1.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I’m not really concerned about bumps, I can turn. I want to make a template so all 6 bats are the same. So for that I need to make a full size drawing. Everything I found online is too low resolution to print full size. So, I’ll just draft it out.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
NOt sure if You got around to doing this Mike, but It made me want to model a bat.... there is a 3D Pdf file and 2d pdf here. The 2d is a D size sheet can be printed full size, modeled per rawlings 32" bat dimensions.

Attachments

• bat.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 88
  • bat_model.pdf
    822.7 KB · Views: 87

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS