Barbara Forman (b4man)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingRon

Ron
Barbara was an active member of this forum and served on the board of directors and as treasurer. She was a friend to many of us.

Barbara's Obituary:

Barbara Ellison Forman, 63, passed away Saturday, June 6, 2015 at Beacon Place in Greensboro.

Born September 8, 1951, a Greensboro native, Barbara lived her life fearlessly. She was outspoken, extraordinarily generous and extremely talented. A member of the NC Woodworkers Association, she devoted a great deal of her time to creating wooden urns for unidentified fallen veterans and angel ornaments for bereaved parents. Besides her family, doing for others was her greatest passion.
Barbara was preceded in death by her parents, Charles and Jeanne Ellison and grandson, Jagger Ellison Kern.
She is survived by her husband of 27 years, Richard Forman, daughter Lauren Kern, granddaughter Imaly Harris; three step-children, Rhyan Kime (Bo), Regan Forman Gross (Oded), Daniel Forman (Melissa); seven additional grandchildren, Brianna, Kaitlyn, Noa, Asher, Robert, Declan and Ronan; her sister Patricia Cegles (Bill), brother Stephen Ellison, two nieces and a nephew.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barbara was what I consider a good friend though I didn't know her very long. She was primarily responsible for encouraging me to join the Board of Directors and helped me tremendously in getting acclimated to the job. She is truly missed.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gone but not forgotten. Love you sister.

B4man.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think this picture really sums up who Barbara really was. This photo was taken about a month before she passed. This is the last picture I am aware of. Here she with 6 urns for vets she just completed though she was fighting a reoccurrence of cancer.

attachment.php

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Barbara talked me into teaching her and three other women to sharpen hand planes and chisels. I never would have started doing workshops if not for her. And most likely NCWW would not have the great workshops we do. Also I was told the Outreach program was inspired by my workshops so you can thank her for that too.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
i think this picture really sums up who barbara really was. This photo was taken about a month before she passed. This is the last picture i am aware of. Here she with 6 urns for vets she just completed though she was fighting a reoccurrence of cancer.

attachment.php

rip thank you so much for your assistance with our urn project

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I think this picture really sums up who Barbara really was. This photo was taken about a month before she passed. This is the last picture I am aware of. Here she with 6 urns for vets she just completed though she was fighting a reoccurrence of cancer.

attachment.php

I was amazed to see Barbara worked so hard to complete these burial urns. I can't imagine what a struggle it had to be for her, as she had become very weak by that time. She attended the meetings we had in Greensboro about the project, including one only days before she passed. I have the greatest memories of this fantastic woman. She was the most interesting conversationalist I've ever met. Her generosity was unparalleled; she gave me a 1957 Ford 641 Workmaster tractor that she and her dad, had worked on together, but failed to get running. I took it with the understanding I would get it running so her dad, then in a nursing home due to a stroke, could see it running once again. I got it running and had Beth take a video of me driving it around our place, with a big smile on my face. I sent her the video, but her dad, Charles Ellison, died the next day. She sent me an email expressing her deepest gratitude and said, "The bill is paid in full." I built my first Grandfather clock, with a dedication to her inside the door, and gave it to her. Beth and I loved her and miss her very much. She treated Beth and me like we were part of the family. People like her I believe are truly angels in disguise. We were the most fortunate of people to have as such a big part of NCWW.:gar-Cr

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I remember delivering those urns to her for assembly. She went out to the shop towing an oxygen bottle. She called me a couple days later with a classic Barb quote! "I didn't realize the #### things were all ready to put together! I was trying to make something hard out of something easy!" Loved that woman dearly!

attachment.php

MikeH

New User
Mike
This picture make me smile because of her spirit, but breaks my heart that she had to suffer. She was a sweet soul.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS