Bandsaw fence

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
My jet 14” bandsaw didn’t come with any type of fence. Ive been using a router fence clamped to my bandsaw table but want something more solid and accurate. What suggestions do you have?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
There is a fence that uses 2 mag locks. I think it is 120 bucks. This is a great fence. One of my friends has one, really like it. Think it was by Carter called Mag fence 2 or something like that

gmakra

New User
George
Yupe a magnetic fence is what you need.
Carter also sells set up blocks which are magnetic so you can stack them to get you distance.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
I have used the Kreg bandsaw fence on two different bandsaws and have been very pleased with it. It's a little over $100.00 if you want to spend that much and I have been very satisfied with it. I particularly like the resaw attachments available for it (additional costs) as well as the micro adjustment attachment (again, additional costs)

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
My Harvey came with a tube mount fence. It has worked great, but you do have to tune the saw to cut strait. Easer to skew a magnetic fence, but mine is always there and no need to fiddle every time. Google "band saw fence" and you wil see a lot of options. I think both a high and a low fence would be nice. I like ot keep my guides close for both accuracy and safety.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I’ve seen both the kreg and magnetic fence. Read the reviews on both. Was hoping to get some first hand feed back to help influence my decision. Also wanted to be sure I wasn’t over looking a better option.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I used a shop made fence for years but bought a Kreg on sale. I like the micro adjust, but don't think I would have spent the $$$ if it hadn't been included.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
They offer lots of options for 14 inch saws but the options are limited with larger band saws. The Carter mag fence is about the only option for an 18 inch saw

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Use the Kreg fence and like it. I have some Carter products and like them but think they are over priced. I take my fence on and off a lot and find it easy to do. It is also easy to return to a previous setting. My experience with magnets is they are hard to pull off but slide easily. I bring this up so maybe someone with a magnetic fence (carter) can address this issue. I cut some large heavy pieces of hardwood and just did not feel comfortable with magnets.

How you use your band saw may be your determining factor.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS